
Then Eli noticed all the new anthills being started all over the place. Or maybe some other exciting bug made these?

The whole town right now is covered in dandelions; Eli likes to call them wish flowers. This patch was especially resplended with color and Eli's hat helped him blend right in.


One of our most exciting stops was to visit these two horses. While we were standing there admiring them, the owner drove up and told us we could pet the brown one, but the white might not be so amiable. I helped Eli pet it's nose, then scooted River's stroller up so she could get a closer look.

At first she was pretty excited; reaching her had right out so she could touch the horse too. But when the animal lowered it's head and started to stick it's nose through the bars, River suddenly realized just how very big it was. At that point, she shrank back in her chair and held her hand up, saying, "Don't. Don't!" I backed her up again and she was much happier.

At one spot just after the horses, we could hear this ridiculously loud bird that was sitting in the field. I assume it was some sort of mating call, and boy was it loud!
We saw a few more interesting sights, like these weird seeds on a big tree,

then we went on to the ally behind our house and headed home. Not bad for a morning walk!

3 comments:
I need a morning walk. Thanks for sharing yours.
Fun!! (Sarah, not Aaron)
Nice! I should go on morning walks...except it's always hot at my house and I like to sleep...bah.
Post a Comment