Sunday, July 03, 2016

Elora's story

For my birthday present last month, Elora wrote a funny story for me. If you have the time, I suggest you read it; it's kind of funny. We got a new scanner though, and it doesn't seem to scan pencil on paper that well, so that's sad. I was able to fix most of them, although it did loose some of the lighter lines and fine details. If you click on each picture, you should be able to see it larger and read it, but I guess I'll include the text too, just in case.

 below:  Once upon a time there was a princess named Plum. She was very nice, and she loved her people. She liked to try new things. One day she had a crumb brought to her for lunch. "What's this?" She asked. "It's a crumb!" said her servant.


The princess ate the crumb."Oh! That was delicious!" Said Princess Plum. She spent the rest of the day telling her people to try crumbs.

The next day, the princess woke up with a sore throat! "I don't feel so good," she said. The nurse came to check Princess Plum for a sickness. "There's nothing wrong with you," said the nurse.
 

"At least I get chicken soup!" said the princess. What she didn't know was that she had eaten an evil crumb. And the crumb was trying to kill her so he could be prince and have servants.
 

The next day, she woke up with a tummy ache and called her doctor. The doctor said, "There's a crumb in your stomach!" " It has two eyes!" she said. 


"Ahh!" Princess Plum screamed. "How do I get it out?!" she cried. "You have to heat something yucky," said the doctor. "Oh no!" said Princess Plum.

So at dinner that night, she ate the thing she hated most: fried scorpions. "Eww!" she screamed. "Eat it!" said her father. "Or that evil crumb will stay."


So poor Princess Plum ate her disgusting fried scorpions all up. "It'll take two days for him to come out." said the doctor.

So for two long, long days, Princess Plum ate nothing but fried scorpions. Poor poor Princess Plum was feeling so glum But when the third day came, the princess was so excited, she jumped out of her bed!
 

She ran to her parents royal room and yelled, "Today's the day! that morning at breakfast,everybody gathered around Princess Plum, waiting for the evil crumb to come out.


Then after everybody was quiet, a crumb popped out of her mouth! "Those fried scorpions smelled horrible!" he said. And with that, he ran out of the room, never to be seen again.
 

And the kingdom rejoiced, and had a big party with everybody invited to it. There was a pinata, a feast, fireworks, a play, and a giant cake! Everybody lived happily ever after!
 



(I don't know about you, but I was really worried that crumb was going to come out a different way!)

3 comments:

julie said...

I love it! What a fun story and amazing illustrations. Very impressive.

Cardine said...

Hahaha... yeah, I was wondering why everyone was gathering together for the crumb to come out! That was an awesome story!

KieraAnne said...

LOL I thought so too. I was worried they'd all be gathered in the royal bathroom next. That's how my kids story would have gone. :)