I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but this was a lot more detailed, and time intensive than the basic portraits I've been doing as commissions. I'd say it took about two months to do...of course I don't have time to work on it every day!
I liked the photo because of Josh's expression, and the way the light was shining on him.
I took some progress shots while I was working on it. I love the brightness of the first sleeve! It looks like its glowing.:
I also took a few detail shots to show some of my favorite parts. Like I think the fingers turned out pretty good (click to see a larger version).
I liked the eyelashes and freckles too! Although this photo was taken before it was completely finished, so the cheeks are darker in the final version. I kinda wish I'd gone back in and darkened the freckles more after the cheeks were finished, so you could notice them more.
It was hard to get the color exactly right in any of these photos, but it's pretty close. Especially because of my camera's issue with blowing out orange sometimes.
So, what do you think?








3 comments:
I love when you post pictures of your art. This one is amazing. I love the light you captured on his face and shoulders.
Thanks guys!
good subject. Josh you are a cute boy
Post a Comment