The list was posted a month in advance so some people had extra time to work on them; as for myself, I saw it about a day into the challenge, but I thought it would be a fun thing to join!
It was inspiring to see all the different ideas from other artists, and it was fun trying to come up with unique ideas that someone else didn't already do, especially since I was doing most of them a day or two late!
Okay, the last one I completed a week late, because I just didn't have time. I did learn I have a hard time simplifying an idea, and working under a deadline, because I only did two of them in one day, with several taking at least three days. It was a great challenge though!
Elora said she wanted to do it too, and she has one picture started that looks great so far, if she ever finishes it, I will post that one too. So, here are the drawings I did, along with the prompt I was following for that day.
1.This first one was the most liked of all the drawings, and it took the least time! Probably because it was early on in the challenge, so lots of people were looking at the entries. The prompt was, "Best friends". This is about how Lily may have felt when her new friends in Gryffindor were bullying her former friend,Severus. It was a fun quick drawing done over one afternoon, with marker and colored pencil.

2.The prompt was "Must be a Weasley". The polaroid (procured by Arthur I assume) photo is of Ginny's first broom ride, orchestrated by her brothers. But really this is about Molly's life as a mother. I figured wizard kids bring their mom rocks and shells and weeds just like muggle kids. This drawing took two days, and I thought it was really successful. I meant it to be simple, but I kept adding to it.
3. The prompt was "house colors." Lots of people were drawing themselves in Hogwarts colors, which I was originally going to do too. But the Pottermore website said I was in a completely different house than I thought (I assumed Ravenclaw, or possibly Hufflepuff, but it said Gryffindor.)
So I changed my plan, using a photo of Elora. I thought, " I'll draw a simple pic of a Ravenclaw in their common room tower window so it will be fast." But then, " I'll make it 11x14 so it takes three days." This drawing took the longest of them all, and the curtains were the most time intensive. And then most people didn't like it, I assume because it didn't have bright colors. There are some things I kinda want to fix on it, but we'll see if I ever go back to it. This is all prismacolor pencil.

4. I was way behind at this point, so I combined two of the prompts for this one, "misunderstood", and "flora and fauna". Also, I kept changing my mind about what to draw for the first one, and I had no ideas that were unique for the second one, until I had the idea of recycling the background from an old drawing, and putting Hagrid, Fang, and his cottage into the picture! This background works better for this subject than for the original anyway. I printed the original marker drawing out, then made Hagrid and the cottage out of marker, and glued them into the picture. The only issue I have is that the printer ink of the background didn't photograph the same as the fresh marker on the new elements. In life, they meld together better.
I tried to draw this in a simple style that I would wear on a shirt (probably because I was looking at teefury earlier.)

6. The prompt for this was "Yer a wizard,Harry." This is the morning after Harry meets Hagrid and they're leaving the barren rock where the Dursleys have spent the night. The storm has broken and that morning was truly the dawn of a new life for Harry.
.At this point the challenge was actually over, but I wanted to finish it, so I took my time coming up with an idea I liked, then I had to wait until I had time to work on it. At first I was going to do Diagon Alley, but everyone did that, or some version of Hagrid talking to Harry when he met him. I decided I wanted to do a landscape, and it turned out pretty good. This took two days, and it's all marker.


5 comments:
Yay Harry Potter! I think the ages of the Weasley kids are off. Probably someone already said that to you. Bill, Charlie and Percy are all older than the twins...but I like that pic the best. ;)
wow. I think you did an amazing job! Well Done!
Um....Bill and Charlie ARE older than the twins. Look at it again. The two biggest boys ARE Bill and Charlie, as is evidenced by the younger boy with a "F" and the twin standing right behind him. Duh.
I actually researched the years they were all born. So there.
I figured you researched and knew stuff. But at first glance the older two boys look alike and the younger three (P,F,G) look different. So I assumed the kid with the F on his shirt was signifying the "hand me down robe" aspect of the Weasley family and wearing Fred's old jumper even though his name didn't start with F. So there.
Post a Comment