"Thain's birthday dream"
He couldn’t wait to get back to the sunny southern
“I better remember to wear a hat this time!” He reminded himself. But then, he started to wonder….. what if things had changed?
After all, dad DID say
“Oh, that’s silly,” Thain told himself. “The snow should be gone by May.” But what if something else were to happen? Like….a horrible lightning storm surrounding his plane on the way home!
Elder Thain shook his head. He knew that wouldn’t happen to a missionary…sheesh! But, what if it wasn’t time for him to be going home? What if his plane crash landed somewhere new, and they made him serve a mission there too? “Hmmm,” thought Thain. “That might not be too bad. There are some interesting places I might end up! Like,
Maybe I could convert a few wise men while I’m there. Or hey, what about
“I could end up in some exotic location I’ve never even heard of before!”
Now this was starting to sound exciting to the young Elder. This might be a great opportunity!
“Hey, I could even go to
“I forgot! I have to get home so I can see my nieces!
Sheesh, they’re both so big now, and they don’t even know me yet! And what about my new nephew that is coming?” Thain thought. “If I don’t get home, I won’t get to go visit him and teach him how to be a good missionary. What the heck am I doing! I’m still on my mission!” Thain looked around.
“Oh yeah, I still have work to do!”
And with that, he smiled happily and went about his missionary duties.
7 comments:
if you don't get it, Elora calls Thain "daddy" because he's loosing his hair.
I got that....I thought Isabelle's bow was the prettiest! ;) Good job with the drawn in pictures.
I love these stories.
Me, too.
Me, three.
Hey you should write me a birthday story!
um, sorry I forgot to write you a b-day story, KIera. But happy birthday!
Post a Comment