Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Do you like my video?




Okay, our camera makes really really bad video, its not its main purpose, obviously. But at least you can hear how cute Joshua sounds at three months! I also have to post this very cute picture of Joseph and Joshua in the mirror. Aren't they just spitting images of one another?


Not much exciting is happening here, thus the absence of any new posts. Lets see...Elora has finally started using her potty chair again. The last two nights she was running around naked before bath time, and she came into the front room carrying the 'pot' and it was full! We were very surprised and she was quite proud of herself. Its still the only time of day she will go, but its a start!
For Labor Day weekend, we made a spur of the moment trip to see my parents. Now we live only six hours from them instead of twenty-two. In hindsite, it was probably nuts to leave our house at 8:30 at night to spend a day and drive straight back the next night, but the surprise factor was definitely worth it.
We called my brother right before we left and asked him to set up a crib in his room, and to expect us to be knocking on his window around 2:30 AM. We were glad we didn't wake our parents up too, but we did manage to arouse my 18 year old brother, who came into the livingroom carrying a bat. He thought we were robbers.
Elora was very excited to go see everyone again. She only had one moment around 10:00 at night on the drive down that she said she wanted to go home and "take a nap". But once she fell asleep it was smooth sailing.
We got to go to a parade and a county fair, which was much more fun than hanging around our house, which we would have done otherwise. Elora and Joshua and I went with my mom to the cemetary too. We used to go every Memorial Day, but since I've lived away for seven years it was nice to go see once again, even though it wasn't the right holiday. This bench was a memorial for my great aunt who recently passed away.



Sorry to everyone who lives there that we didn't visit....there just wasn't time. We will probably visit again around Christmas. How was everyone else's Labor Day?

18 comments:

KieraAnne said...

I was wondering where that bench came from...

Heidi said...

Cute video, Tearese! (Joseph's laugh was as great as Joshua's!) Joshua is getting so big--wow!

I'm glad you made it to Utah okay. (And we missed you at our BBQ--but we understand). :)

I love your blog! And that's a beautiful picture of your profile up in the top right-hand corner. Did you paint that?? You're so talented!

tearese said...

Yeah, thats a scan in of a photo copy of a colored pencil drawing. I really like it too, but I've tried to change the picture before and for some reason my blog won't let me! Oh well. I was glad to see you had a blog too; we can keep up on you guys.

julie said...

Don't worry about not visiting - especially since it was such a short trip. I had a visitor (Adam), so I wouldn't have been available anyway. AND, I realize sometimes you only have just so much time to see everyone. Never worry about me being offended.

Now, I'm going to go pout, but don't mind me!

Heidi said...

That's weird that you can't change your picture... I don't actually know how to get a picture attached to my profile in the first place, or else I'd try to help you. Hmm, I'll bet my husband would know... I'll get back to you on that! :)

When did you do you the colored pencil drawing? It's just beautiful.

tearese said...

I did it the winter before I met Joseph, so around 2003. I honestly haven't done' much since I got married...

Nettie said...

Glad the bat didn't get used!

Sounds like a fun trip. And could you get your daughter to talk to mine about using the potty? Maybe she'd be more interested if someone other than I suggested it!

Heidi said...

You should do some drawings of your kids! I'll bet they'd be awesome.

tearese said...

heidi- check out my post on mach 13 ( I think) there are a few pictures of Elora.

Heidi said...

Beautiful! Both Charming and I were very impressed!

(I asked about changing the picture. All we could figure was editing your profile where it has the photo URL. But I'll bet that's what you already tried to change it...)

(Random question: How did you make the separate areas for "previous posts" and "archives"?)

tearese said...

Heidi-
on the blog template I used, it already had those sections seperated, I just put my info in where they had their examples.
Yes, thats where I tried to change my picture; in the past, it prevented me changing to certain pictures because the address was too long or it wasn't a jpg, but with this one, it will say that it can change it, but then it goes back to the old one when I try to save changes. Its no big deal, I like this picture anyway.

tearese said...

nettie- me too! We've tried to convince Elora the potty's cool because other kids she knows use it. She'll talk about it a lot, but it didn't seem to influence her much.
julie- come visit with cardine!

KieraAnne said...

Tearese didn't you get married in 2003? So did you do the pic in 2002?

tearese said...

I got married in December 2003, I did the picture in January 2003. So, no, it wasn't 2002.

Whimsy said...

Tearese! I'm so glad you commented over on The Creamery - good that we'll be able to keep in touch now. And I'm excited to read your blog! I've read blogs FOREVER and had no idea that you did this. I'm just getting mine up & running - so stop by often, okay, because I totally will!

Cardine said...

I still haven't been able to see the video. I've tried various times.

Anyway, I guess I never commented on this post. I was in Moab for Labor Day weekend, so I would have missed you. AND, I'm going to try to convince Julie to go up sometime, maybe in October. We'll see how it works.

tearese said...

just not the last weekend, I think my mom might be here. Sorry the video won't work. Anyone else have that problem? Maybe its the wrong format for your program.

Heidi said...

Tearese, which template do you use? Thanks!