Saturday, September 29, 2007

Humanity

So have you seen the add on your 'dashboard' page on Blogger, telling you about the picture thing? Apparently, you can go to this site and it has an ongoing slide show of all the recently uploaded photos from everyones blog. Everyones. And if you want to go to the blog that the picture came from, you just have to click on the picture.
What do you think of this? I know some people would freak out to think random people could be looking at their pictures. (I think if you have your blog set up to be private, it doesn't work.)
I can see mischief coming of this, you know, people coming to your blog to write obnoxious or mean comments.
But on the other hand, I think its actually really cool. I watched it for a few minutes, and it just makes you feel more a part of the human race around us. You know, by seeing whats important to other people, and whats going on in their lives RIGHT NOW.
It kind of makes the world seem a smaller place, you know? I like it.

In other news...this is Elora reading to Joshua. I thought the funny thing about this was the page on her book says, "Being a big sister is the best!" Of course, the next day I took this picture:


Looks like Joshua is learning to defend himself from his sister's attacks! (Note the hair in his fist.)

7 comments:

tearese said...

Hey Kiera...my map shows that you visited my site and didn't comment. You jerk!

Heidi said...

That's a great picture of Joshua grabbing Elora's hair! (She's even smiling--wow!) How are they getting along these days? I remember in a previous post you mentioned Elora was having a difficult time. I've been wondering if things were getting better...

The picture thing is interesting. I liked your thoughts on it. I guess I figure that if you have a public site, it's pretty much there for anyone and everyone to see anyways... I asked Charming about it and he mentioned that there's no filter, so that would make me nervous about seeing something I didn't want to... But it doesn't sound like that happened to you. It makes me want to look at it now.

tearese said...

Yeah, I thought about the bad pictures thing too, so I was a little nervous. I did see one pic that was a little questionable, but no one was naked or anything! I think blogger is less likely to have that stuff than say Myspace or some of those other sites. But I could be wrong.

KieraAnne said...

I didn't know what to say. I've never seen the pic slide show you're talking about. But I guess it's fun to see other peoples pictures. ;)

KieraAnne said...

Ooooh...new picture and background. Nice!

tearese said...

yeah,if you update your template (theres a button that says update) they make it really easy to change stuff and add pictures, without trying to figure out that html stuff. I always wondered how people had other pictures in their sidebar. But I lost all my other stuff, but I think I can put it back easily.

Heidi said...

I'm glad you didn't see any bad pictures. :) I've never been to Myspace, so I'm not sure how it compares to blogger. But from what I've seen of people's blogs, they seem pretty family-oriented.