Before I continue my post, I want to draw your attention to the fact that Joseph has a blog now. He has been doing a comic for the school paper at his old community college, and now is contributing to the paper at the University he is at now. Anyway, there is a link in the sidebar here; its called "JTandTea". Please feel free to go see it, I'm sure it will make him happy!
Now, on with my own post.
Like my friend Julie, I too feel moved to talk about the Autumn season. I wanted to do something different than last year so...
When I was in high school and college, I used to fold paper in half and do little drawings during lectures,and usually during church too. Many of these were "Fall" inspired, and I thought I would post a few of them and some thoughts to go along with them. Here we go!
1999
- cool crisp air and overcast skies
Nothing beats the Fall weather. You would think I got enough of the skies in the Northwest but I still love clouds, especially in the fall.

1998
who doesn't love the leaves in the fall? Someday I would like to go back east during the Autumn months to view the famous foliage there.
1999I don't do this often enough in the fall, but what better way to take in the sights and smells. I recommend pumpkin patches and corn mazes for this particular pursuit.
1998
Okay, I don't live on a farm or anywhere particularly rural, but I just love seeing pictures of harvested wheat, piles of pumpkins at the store, and general seasonal flora and fauna.
2000
Along with harvest time, is apple time! True, these days you can get apples year round, but they seem better in the fall when they're
supposed to be around. I like Braeburns, Fuji, Gala, and anything else thats not a Red Delicious.
2000
Okay, I like trees all year long, and I'm sure you've gathered that I like drawing them in general. But there is something thrilling and mysterious about gnarled, leafless, halloween-inspired trees that seem to spring up in fall-type crafts and paintings. BTW, this is one of my favorite tree drawings I have.
1999
- Scarves and fall clothing
Alright, I don't generally wear scarves myself unless I'm freezing. But I love the idea of them, and I love seeing them on other people. Along with that, I love layers and sweaters and anything generally fall-like to wear. Especially in hues of orange and brown. Incidentally, I cheated on this picture. I drew the people, but the background is a combination of two printed papers I found at a craft store. I love the clouds, don't you?
1995
I admit I don't like Halloween as much as I did as a child. I don't get to go trick-or-treating, and when I think about it, it was never as fun as all the hype would suggest. But somehow Halloween has always been a fascination for me. You'll notice that most of these Halloween pictures are quite a bit older than the previous pictures. Here are a few more.
1997That kid can see this isn't a good idea...why can 't she? H mmm.
1994
I was quite proud of these skeletons when I drew them at age 14 or 15. Obviously, I used to be into fantasy more when I was younger too. The only problem is, I think I drew this at church. Oops.
So here's to the many aspects of Fall! I hope you enjoyed it.

2002
9 comments:
I've seen some of those pictures! I like the fall too, we don't really get much of a fall here...it doesn't seem to cool down enough and all the leaves change colors and fall off the trees in one week and then everything is just bare. It's sad really.
kiera, guess what we're watching? The worst witch! Another fall favorite.
I love it when you post your art. You are so talented! And, I treasure the art that you have given me over the years!
Know what I hate? That girls arm, in the 1997 trick-or-treating picture. I just rembered how much it annoyed me when I drew it. ITs so long and rubbery, and just wrong looking. OKay, thats all.
Beautiful, just beautiful! I totally felt transported to each scene. Thank you so much for sharing!
These are stunning! You are so talented...
If only I could "doodle" like that!
I love fall, too. I have a cool picture of knarled trees in a cemetary that I took this summer. I think you would like it...
Ooo, I would love to see your picture of trees! You should post it sometime.
These are fantastic, Tearese. Vote me in for loving Autumn, too.
Post a Comment