Pet Peeves with driving:
- People on Cell Phones- I don't care if you think you drive safely while talking...you DON'T. I've been in cars with phone drivers and witnessed their erratic swerving, and I've almost been run off the road at least half a dozen times by those who don't even realize they did anything.
- No Turn Signals- Doesn't it drive you nuts when you're waiting for a car coming the other direction, and at the last minute they turn with nary a signal in sight? Usually they're on the phone.
- A car behind me- this is probably my own personal thing. I don't care if they're tailgating or not, I hate cars being behind me, it makes me nervous. Go ahead and get in front of me, I don't care if you're going too slow. Just get out from behind me! (I don't do freeways.)
- When the driver yells at other cars for doing the same thing He..oops, I mean they do themselves. Joseph.
- Reading over my shoulder, or standing behind me in general.
- Someone not looking at me when I'm talking to you.
- Adult men who are addicted to video games, especially when they have a family of their own (No, this is NOT my husband, thankfully!)
- Those who think in general stereotypes, ie "Everyone who listens to that type of music is like..." or "Everyone of that political party must be..." If someone makes a statement like this, I immediately feel dislike for them. Sorry.
- A wet washcloth wadded up in the sink...eww, mildew!
- Dishes full of water in the sink. I don't care if they're not washed, just please rinse them and stack them to the side, not in the sink.
Pet Peeves of the Random Sort:
- People blocking the whole isle at the grocery store (or walking too close behind me)...but then, too many people at the store stresses me out anyway.
- Too much background noise. I prefer to drive the car with no radio, and to not have the tv on before 7:00. Of course, Elora has learned to turn it on anyway. I once lived with someone who had to have the tv on all the time, even if she wasn't in the room. It drove me crazy! Its probably been years since I've had headphones on for any type of music.
- Having the curtains closed during the day. Especially in the Northwest. It drove me nuts when my roommates would keep the curtains shut so it wouldn't glare on the t.v. I don't care if I can't see the show, let the light in! They didn't agree.
15 comments:
I agree with you on quite a few of these points! The no turn signal thing bothers me too! I hate people merging in front of me without using their turn signals! I mean... if they use them... I'll make room!!! If they don't... then I might crash into the back of them...
Shopping carts in the parking lot.
People are so... lazy. (Was that too much of a generalization?)
We share many of the same peeves. :)
I agree with most of those...I can think of way more things that you hate then those few....but I won't share since it's your blog. ;)
Sarah- Oh, I forgot the shopping cart thing! Yes, that drives me nuts, especially when they're really close to a return stall, or they're blocking a really good spot.
And I want to change my grocery store peeve...I guess its not the people blocking the isle that bothers me so much as when people act like I'M blocking their way. Especially because I go to great lengths to stay out of people's way.
Kiera- like I said, I have way more than this, but I didn't share them all. And you can share if you want!
i agree with you on the driving! you totally spoke my mind!
sorry that last comment was andrea
Andrea- thanks for the comment! You know if you click on "Other" it will let you put your name instead of anonymous.
oh, ha! That was me, not joseppe. My husband was signed in again and I didn't notice. (Rrrr, that should be on my list too.)
I agree with several, as well!
I hate it when people block the isle, too! That is why I try to shop at 8 or 9 in the morning! This town doesn't wake up until about 10 or 11, it seems!
tirzah- I know I don't ;)
There are all sorts of driving ones that I have. Except, then I catch myself doing something annoying and then I am reminded that I am part of the problem!
Those were great, thanks for sharing, Tearese! I totally agree on the open curtains and no TV on--that must have been tough for you with your roommates.
Can we add automated telephone systems to the list?!?! I can't stand them! Especially the ones that kick you off if you repeatedly push "0" to get a real person...
I kind of like Verizon's though... it's a pain in the neck to navigate through the voice things... but one time, I said "REAL PERSON" and it said, "You've asked to speak to someone, is that correct?" I was surprised... so sometimes I just skip the Verizon menus by saying "REAL PERSON". hahaha. :)
Hey Tearese, I tagged you for "7 weird or random things" on my blog. :)
Post a Comment