Monday, September 21, 2009

Jonah at two months, and an amendment

First, the amendment. I recently wrote about places I wanted to visit, and I had a nagging feeling I'd forgotten somewhere. When I was watching Monk this weekend, I suddenly remembered: San Fransisco! How could I forget?
Monk, Mrs. Doubtfire, Sliders, Full House, So I Married an Axe Murderer, The Princess Diaries...all these shows are based in this city, and all made me want to visit it. (Is anyone else thinking it's lame that my places to visit are based on tv shows and movies? Really, I don't spend my whole life in front of the tv, I promise!)
Someday I have to travel over the Golden Gate Bridge. I want to see that place with the row of houses that they always showed on Full House,

go to the park where they always meet together in Sliders, ride a street car (named Desire), etc. I will also be singing the song, "If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair!" So yeah, I want to go there too, just so you know.

Now on to Jonah!

Two month stats:
12lbs 4oz (from 7lbs 11oz at birth)
23 1/2 inches ( from 20 1/2 inches at birth)
He's been consistently in the 50th percentile, for weight, and 75th for height, just like Elora!



New developments:
Jonah finally smiled for real around 5 weeks, and laughed around 7 weeks. It sure took him long enough! He's lost some of his newborn hair, mostly on the top and the upper sides..at least he matches his daddy. Except he still has a big swirl of dark hair in the back, right where most babies get their bald spot.
His eyes are still gray-blue, and Joseph is hoping they will stay blue as he gets older- then we'd have all three eye colors with our kids! Both Joseph and I have a parent with blue eyes, so we at least have a 1 in 4 chance, from what I remember from high school Biology.



Personality: Jonah seems a bit more reserved than Elora and Joshua were at his age. He needs a lot of coaxing to make any happy noises, and is content to just lie on his stomach on the floor, which both of his siblings hated! He's still pretty fussy but mostly just in the evenings, and I still don't think he's as bad as Elora was. He sleeps for four hour stretches at night, and sometimes six or more hours at a time.


As for nicknames...I tried really hard to avoid it, I did. But I think I call him Jonie more than anything else! Jonie Baloney, Jonie G, Jonie boy, etc. Poor little guy. But cute, don't you agree?


8 comments:

Mellissa said...

Nicknames are tough, but if it came along by accident then it was meant to be. He is so cute. I like his little tongue sticking out!

Mellissa said...

P.S. Thanks a lot! Now I have that San Fransisco song in my head! :)

KieraAnne said...

What a big boy! Maybe my baby will be 12 lbs when he's born and then they can be friends...until yours totally passes mine up that is. ;) Those are cute pictures. I forget you have three kids sometimes...crazy. Are Elora's eyes green then? Patrick and I both have a blue eyed parent too and his are kind of green, so we could theoretically have a blue eyed baby. That would be crazy. I was thinking about you today and how you could bend in the middle...I was totally jealous. ;) Your security "word" is 'cones' thats funny.

julie said...

What's Up Doc? also took place in San Fran. I've been there and really liked it, though I wasn't there long enough to do a whole lot. I hope you make it there someday.

Jonah is darling! I like that you tell us how he's similar/dissimilar to your other kids. If I ever have kids, I think it would be fun to see how my child resembles me and my husband AND their siblings. I think it would be cool if Jonah keeps his blue eyes, too!

Skeller said...

awwwwwww!! first smiles are sooooo heart-meltingly wonderful!!!

Alycia said...

I always thought that would be a cool place to visit too! Jonah IS getting really big, and he looks super alert. I love those pictures of him, so cute!

Alycia said...

p.s. You do deserve a better camera. ;)

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Absolutely cute. You could always call him Jonsey. That's kind of cute. He is a beautiful baby.

San Francisco is the best. Don't miss China Town and the wharf. And bring home some sourdough bread. It's to die for. Better than anywhere else.