Monday, October 05, 2009

Hello Fall!

So its October, and I'm still waiting to see the fall leaves here in town. It seems we always have a long summer and winter, but the other two seasons are almost nonexistent! Last Tuesday the weather was cool in the morning, and the leaves were threatening to start changing, though they were still pretty green:




Unfortunately, while its grown much cooler the last few days and even snowed for a few minutes, the leaves are still fairly green. I hate it when the leaves fall of the trees before they even change. Lucky for us, we were driving down to SLC for UEA conference last weekend (and a quick stay at my relative's home) and we were graced with a beautiful drive through the canyon- where it actually looks like fall.
Excuse the blurry ones...these were obviously taken from my car. Enjoy!




We also went to Joseph's mission reunion Friday night; it was held in a home with a great view of the sunset! I was just sad my camera kept recording it as yellow and orange, when really it was more pink and blue. Oh well:





(this one was the closest to reality in color)






6 comments:

KieraAnne said...

ooh pretty. I like the ones where you can see the line where the snow stops, that's cool. It's funny 'cuz some of the leaves are changing color here and I'm confused because it's not cold yet.

Ruth said...

The pictures are amazing!

Mellissa said...

Love the pictures, hate the idea of snow on the mountains already! Thanks for sharing your great photo skills.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Thanks for the fall leaves. We didn't even get up the canyon this year! So close and yet so far. How silly we feel.

Your kids photos are darling.

julie said...

Oooo! I loved all the photos you showed us, thank you! The pictures of your kids were especially wonderful. Were you in a cemetery?

I got to drive through that canyon last week and was thrilled with how beautiful it was. However, there wasn't snow when I drove through - that definitely added an element to your pictures. Just lovely!

I really liked the sunset pictures, too. I've never had a camera that could take pictures of sunsets.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics! I went up the canyon last weekend & got some pretty shots... maybe I'll post them sometime when life is a little less hectic... so,... never...? ;)