For our anniversary date last week, the evening got off to a late start that night. Joseph was supposed to get off of work at 6:00 PM, but called me at 6:30 to say his replacement at the University library hadn't shown up! Finally around seven Joseph was able contact a supervisor and get permission to leave, but they had to close that whole section of the library for him to go, and the guy never came in! Later they learned he was at the University basketball game, and had forgotten all about his shift.
I felt bad for taking our kids to the babysitters so late, but they were kind about it and watched our grumpy kids anyway.
We decided to try out a local Indian restaurant, as we may eventually be moving somewhere where the most culturally diverse food available is Taco Bell.When we lived in Seattle, eating at different ethnic restaurants was something we enjoyed doing often, but since having kids we haven't done it much at all- for lots of reasons, but the biggest being our kids probably wouldn't eat food like that!
We decided to splurge and started out with a plate of appetisers...a bunch of fried stuff for which I don't remember the proper names. We also got lassi, a yogurt based drink: mine was mango, Joseph's was strawberry. MMMMM!

Then came our main meal, two kinds of chicken curry complete with naan and rice. Joseph's curry was yummier than mine, his was a creamier coconut base while mine was a spicier version. However, he was kind enough to switch with me after our initial tastes. What a nice boy. The coconut kind tasted just like the kind Joseph used to make. Delicious. Now I'm hungry again.

Oh, did I mention we had a little visitor with us on our date? He was a very well-mannered guest, and we were happy to have him along.

Then this Saturday was the big graduation! My parents were awesome to drive all six hours after my mom got off work Friday to attend the ceremony Saturday- then they had to drive all the way home that afternoon!

They also brought my brother Thain from Provo, who rearranged his whole work schedule so he could come. And as we all know, Elora and Josh LOVE Uncle Thain:

Originally, we thought about leaving Elora and Josh with my friend, Sarah, while we went to the program, but at the last minute we decided to bring them along and I was glad I did. There were tons of other people with kids, and with my parents and Thain there, it wasn't hard to keep them happy.

Mom held Jonah almost the whole time, while Thain corralled the other two. Josh went through a period where he wanted to go find daddy, but he got over it after about 20 minutes. He loved clapping and shouting for all the graduates. And kicking the chair of the little boy in front of us.

I was happy to have a better camera than I did for Joseph's community college graduation, because I was able to see him even though we were a distance away from him:

Yeah, it's a little blurry because of how far I had to zoom ....

No really! He's way over there:

We even captured the big moment!

The one dumb thing about the program was the last guy forgot to tell them to move their tassels to the other side. All he said was, "This graduation ceremony is now concluded," or something. So they didn't even cheer or throw their hats or anything. It was a little anti-climatic.
Josh and Elora were very proud of daddy, and he was happy to have us all there:


When we came out, it was really snowing like crazy!
I thought my parents might leave right then to beat the storm, but instead they took us all to lunch. Score!
In case you were wondering, yes, I was there too. And so was that lady behind me.

My family had to leave shortly thereafter, but the rest of us enjoyed Joseph's "special" cake that I made. It says "Good Job Joseph" if you can't see it.
(Oh, and my mom brought us those red balls for our Christmas tree because we were a little short on ornaments for our new tree. Nice, huh?)

Good Job Joseph!
8 comments:
I'm so glad that lady behind you made it to your celebration! ;-)
Congratulations on both the graduation and anniversary!
Oh man. That Indian food looks sooooo good.
Congratulations to Joseph on the graduation! Also, I'm actually impressed with how nicely those zoomed photos turned out. I've tried that very thing, and it wasn't pretty at all.
I can't believe it's been six years already. Time is flying. Wahoo for you guys!
Yay Joseph!! Looks like you all had fun. I think your tree looks really good. I wish we had an Indian restaurant around here.
Awesome Awesome Awesome!!! I'm so happy for you guys! I LOVE CURRY!!! Especially the coconut kind.
That's so cool that you parents came too. When Holly and I graduated my mom and dad took the rest of the family to a tropical place for vacation..... GRRRRRRR.... I'm still bitter.
As my 1 year old says, Happy, Happy, Happy!.
I love posts with lots of pictures! It helps me feel a little included in the celebration. However, posting pics of Indian food is just cruel! Now I'm totally craving naan and curry. :)
I'm glad the weekend was so fun!
Congrats to Joseph! (Are you sure you didn't write "Get a Job, Joseph" on the cake?... only kidding!
I also love Indian food. I don't eat it nearly enough.
Nice zooming!
That friend Sarah you mentioned sounds fantastic!
Congratulations on both big events! How does Joseph feel now that he's done with school? What are your plans now?
Congrats on the graduation! Also congrats on your anniversary!! You have a beautiful family!
Post a Comment