Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter stuff

Friday, we colored eggs....



Saturday we went to the Easter Egg Hunt for Family Housing. Its always well done, with separations by age groups. There were a lot of people, but not nearly as many as usual because of the snow... which had fallen the night before.



Elora had a great time running around for eggs, and was pretty happy at her haul....




As you can see, there were plenty of eggs, due to the lack of participants! When we were done, there were STILL eggs lying everywhere. How often does that happen?



Jonah hung out with daddy and Josh, enjoying the excitement around him.




And Josh was freezing. After every few eggs, he had daddy warm his hands up for him.




Aww, poor little boy.



Sunday morning, we had our own egg hunt in the house, with more plastic candy-filled eggs, as well as those we decorated Friday.
"I wonder what's inside!"



Elora was thrilled to find eggs in funny places like on top of picture frames and on the thermostat.



Of course the Easter bunny also left them some goodies in their baskets.



And Jonah discovered the best treat of all!
"mmmmmmm."

4 comments:

Mellissa said...

I love Jonah eating the grass. It's like kids playing with the box their toy came in. I wish Cedar had a better egg hunt.

KieraAnne said...

Man I hate that grass stuff...you find it months later still lying around. Thats why we don't buy it. ;) Cute pics! Maybe I'll post some Easter stuff...

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

What a fun post. That one photo of everyone looks like it was taken in the 50's. I LOVE it. All the photos are darling. Easter egg coloring is such a fun tradition. I can tell you things that sounded like a good idea at the time--involving glue dots and glitter--that was a great big mess...and still is. I'm still finding glitter...everywhere, even in the butter!

tearese said...

missy- yeah, we threw most of it away the day after easter, but he still manages to find it all over. Remember when Cedar's egg hunt used to be good?
Kiera-thanks.
Lynn- I've thought about buying the more complicated egg kits, but figured they were way too much trouble!
Glittery butter...ewww