Sunday, April 18, 2010

Eating Outside

This last week we ventured outside for our evening meal, on a beautiful day with temperatures that had reached the low seventies. We had fruit salad with waaay too much whipping cream (which made it delicious!), and some Brautwurst sausages.
I'm always the party-pooper that doesn't want to eat outside, because I'm always sure it will be more trouble than its worth, not to mention the probability that the kids would rather play than eat, and we might get bugs and sand in our food.
But once we're out there, it usually is a pleasant experience. I'm lucky I have a husband who is persistent in the face of my occasional negativity! This time, we took Jonah's highchair out to make things easier, and our kids actually ate their food!
What fun.



(This was the least posey picture I could get of Elora with her stick. She must take after her aunt Kiera, who had to overpose for every picture at this age!)




"Lets have some of that salad, Daddy!"




"Just the right amount of whipped cream!"





"What? Do I have something on my face?"




"Well, let me tell you...it was delicious!"

5 comments:

Joseph said...

That's my family! Jonah is so cute! Joshua is such a ham, and Elora is so posey!

I'd like to ask that red-head girl out for a date this Friday! Could I get her number?

KieraAnne said...

I think all of the pics of me at that age are beautiful. ;) I want fruit salad with whipped cream!! Your baby is so silly to look at...and you're right, he does look like dad.

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures! And that red-head girl looks great!

Mellissa said...

You sound like me - I hated eating outside when my kids were little. Now that they're older, it's not so bad. And a little sand is good for you, right? ;)

tearese said...

Sarah- thanks!
Missy, I know lots of stuff I liked to do when I was single just seem too stressful right now. I'm sure it will be easier when they're a little bigger!