I am lucky to have a window over my kitchen sink that faces west, with only a few houses between us and the horizon. I have seen some spectacular sunsets over the last two months, but it wasn't until last week that I thought about taking pictures. So starting now, I will occasionally be posting sunsets from around the area. It's hard to take pictures of sunsets, I've found; there are different problems on different cameras. For instance, mine tries to make it more red and orange instead of pink and purple as they usually are. But I found if I fiddled with the settings, or sometimes I can tweak it slightly in photoshop to get it almost back to how it looked in real life. Other times, the camera won't actually focus on the sky, but is looking for the items in front of it, or trying to auto adjust for the foreground instead,etc.
Anyway, here are a few I got for this first installment. Enjoy!
Oct 6th, 2010:

Oct 10th, 2010 (I thought this one was awesome)

October 13th (I saw it out the window as we were making dinner, and I just
had to rush out and take a few shots!):




Oct 15th (when we were driving to town to eat out for Elora's birthday):

Oct 16th (The day I took Elora's 5yr pictures, which I'll post soon):


Its just annoying that the best parts are always right behind those light posts.
5 comments:
Those are fantastic. I do love the cloud one, and the few that are pink and purple always remind me of cotton candy. Thanks for sharing your sunset with us! When I look out my kitchen window, all I see is my neighbor's back patio. :( Oh well.
AWESOME pictures!! I love gorgeous sunset pictures!!!!! I do miss the sunsets I used to see growing up in New Mexico. Sunsets in Cache Valley aren't the same with all the mountains around.
Those are beautiful! I wish I could have seen the originals, but these pictures are a wonderful substitute! Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful!
I think it's wonderful you have found something good and beautiful to tell us about in your new place! It makes you realize that there is always something good in every situation.
Thanks for the comments. As much as I loved living by mountains, it really is neat to see the sun set across a whole horizon. I'm sure this will be something I miss when we move from here.
Post a Comment