Monday, November 29, 2010

sunsets on the prarie, part II: Ice Crystals

November 10th was the last time I went outside to catch a spectacular sunset.....





And I wasn't sure I'd be getting more anytime soon because its been so cold and windy. But the other day, (November 24th) I glanced out the living room window and saw this spectacular sight:



which slowly turned into this:



And I realized one can find beauty even without going out into the bitter cold!

6 comments:

Mellissa said...

Wow. Those are beautiful. I really love the last two. I'm glad you could capture that beauty without being outside in the cold. I've been complaining about the snow, so thanks for giving me something positive to think about regarding this wintery weather.

julie said...

Those are amazing shots! Beautiful pictures. Isn't nature amazing?

Steve and I went for a walk in the snow yesterday, walking along the Weber river. It was wicked cold but also extremely beautiful. And peaceful. Winter isn't my favorite season, but moments like that and pictures like yours make it easier to get through til Spring. Thanks!

Lyric Haven Crochet said...

Those are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh... beautiful!

KieraAnne said...

Ooooh pretty. It looks really cold at your house. ;)

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures. I love seeing them.We are having lovely warm weather today. It won't last but today is great! Kimber