Tuesday, November 02, 2010

October Fun

First thing in October, Elora and I did some decorating. These are our leaves; the orange ones Elora did out of her head, the green were done after we found some pictures of Fall leaves to look at:






After we made pumpkins and a ghost to go with them,



we hung it all on the front door...but on the inside,because the wind can be so wicked here we didn't want everything to blow away:




Then there was jack-o-lantern carving! We carved them a little early, so by Halloween they were actually piles of mold, but that just made them scarier, right?



We learned that Jonah has a taste for raw pumpkin (really, he ate a bunch of this lid):



And Elora and Josh don't really like to get their hands dirty.




We spent some time this month cooking our favorite meal together: chicken croquets...mmm! Ours have spinach, cream cheese, chicken, cheese, and a dash of curry powder. Delicious! I think Elora and Josh like this meal because they always get to help make it (they dip the croquet in the butter so it can go in the breadcrumbs.)



Of course there was all the excitement of Elora's birthday mid-month, with breakfast muffins,



a picnic (luckily it was one of the last really warm days of the month)



(Jonah on the table, as usual)



tons of cute presents,




and a fun cake that Elora helped decorate!



A few days before Halloween we had our first snow storm. It was windy and freezing, but Elora insisted she needed to go make snow angels in her new coat.


Josh lasted 30 seconds, but Elora actually went out several times and had a lot of fun. Guess it was a warm enough coat! (Josh got a new one a week after this...I didn't realize how much he'd grown!)



The end of the month brought Halloween! We went to a party at daddy's school, where the kids got to participate in the costume parade in the gym,(and I got horrible pictures in the dim light)


then we had games and treats in daddy's class. Everybody cried at least once for random reasons, but it was still pretty fun.

On Halloween it was cold, and it was weird to go out on Sunday, but we had fun trick-or-treating! Elora was a fairy, Josh a Superman, and Jonah was the traditional baby lion again. We had a few extra friends in the picture where the kids were all smiling....



Hm, I think I'll print this one instead.


We went to a few houses here on the "Res" (I hate it when people say that),



then made our way to the town. It was a long drive home and a late dinner, but over all a pretty fun night!

4 comments:

Mellissa said...

You guys really got into the spirit of things during October! I'm such a Halloween humbug, and I don't know why.

Anonymous said...

I love how you tell everything. I wish we were closer so I could be with you. The pictures are great, as usual. Kimber

julie said...

I love your jack-o-lanterns! They turned out great. The kids look wonderful in their costumes. I think it's cool how many activities you do with the kids and how you encourage their creativity. Sounds like it was a fun month!

tearese said...

Yeah, I don't like to dress up or anything for halloween, I think its more fall that I like than that holiday in particular.
Elora is the one that likes to do creative stuff, I have to practically drag Josh to the table to get him to do anything of the sort!
Thanks for the comments.