I like these curtains.
Oh wait, what is that in front of the curtains? Hmmm, lets see.

Oh hey, it's me! At exactly 18 weeks along. Dang I look huge. I can't wait for someone to ask me if I'm due any day now. Or like the lady who told me at 12 weeks that I looked just like the other lady in the room...who was 8.5 months along. Yeah. That's okay, really it doesn't bother me. What bothers me more is that my face gets red and blotchy when I'm pregnant, more so this time than it has before. Twice now I've had someone ask me what was wrong with my face, and did I need to see a doctor? They totally weren't kidding either.
I forgave them because they were over sixty. And a man.

Anyway, back to my curtains. I decided I liked them so much, that I had to draw them in a picture. Plus, I thought it would be a perfect subject for my cool art markers, don't you agree? So I did this one:

The kids faces have some colored pencil on them because it was too hard to do those kind of details with bright markers. They're a little paler than the curtains because of that.
Jonah looks a little scary and demonic. Hmm. It is 11x14, and strangely otherworldy looking, so maybe that's why I like it.
6 comments:
Whoa, what's wrong with your face?! That sucks. Old mans are dumb. ;) I like your curtains too and agree that you should make them into a skirt...that's what you said right?
I can't wait to see the curtains (and you, of course) in real life. :)
I agree with the skirt idea! Old men are crazy. Even the one that stood on the counter at McDonald's in Delta and asked which way every single person was headed out of town.
I like the curtains too. I think you should get some more material and make that skirt. I really like the drawing of the wonderful smiling children! Kimber
I like the drawing of your kids. It's unique, and it captures their personalities...at least what I know of their personalities from reading your blog.
Is your face dry, too, or just red? Pregnancy is good and bad all rolled into a tight little bundle! And old men are dumb. So are young men. And middle-aged men. Did I cover them all? ;)
kiera-eh, I think most people don't think before they talk to pregnant people.
sarah-yay! Did you find anyone to go with you yet?
Ruth-well,I wouldn't call this one crazy, maybe just not too sensitive?
missy- thanks! It is dry and oily; I'll have to wash off dry skin everyday, but I also break out way more than I did as a teenager. It's fantastic.
Post a Comment