We had all the usual celebrations. First, there were balloons to play with when everyone woke up.
Joshua loves balloons!
![]() | |
| YAY! |
Then we usually have some blue berry muffins, with a candle for the birthday boy. Mmmmm. I think the candle was starting to melt, just a little.

Now it's time for the cake! Josh's birthday was on a Sunday, so we made the cake the day before. Josh picked chocolate cake with lemon frosting, and red and blue for the decorations. He even got to help put some frosting and sprinkles on!
We were lucky there was a pot luck at church that day, so we all got to sing together for Joshua's birthday, and we shared his cake with everyone. (This was a good way to get rid of the cake too, since we were leaving on vacation the next day!)
After we got home, it was time for the presents! The biggest thing Josh got were some roller skates, but he was happy with everything. He especially liked making faces for the camera.

I'm pretty sure this face was unintentional; we have a photo of him making almost the same face on his second birthday when he was opening his presents! Silly boy.
One of Josh's favorite presents was this spinning top (also this cool pillow case from grandma). I'm glad that the simplest things make him happy.
Happy birthday, Joshua!









5 comments:
Yay Joshy! That's crazy that he would be in sunbeams already in a normal ward...I bet that will be a big adjustment when you guys move. Was the chocolate cake with lemon frosting good? Those spinning tops are awesome. :)
I think that is his concentration face. I'll bet when he is a famous scientist that face will be seen around the world and young kids will start making it because he will be such a hero.
Thanks for the lengthy comment on my recent post. I loved it. I wish I had kept a journal of things the kids said like you do. They are so hungry to know what they were like and I can remember so little. I'll be glad when the memory is perfect but I'm not ready for that step yet!
That cake was really something. Chocolate and lemon. I made the best lemon chicken last night. I'll put the recipe on my cookbook blog soon, seriously it was great--not chocolate though.
I'm glad Josh had a fun birthday!
I LOVE his excited face (at the potluck). And all of his faces... he's so cute!
kiera- yeah. But I guess he looks that old, since he's pretty tall. The cake was actually pretty good.
Lynne-thanks for the comment! Yes, the cake was actually just the right mix of sweet and tangy...but then I like eating chocolate with orange juice, so maybe I'm not a good judge.
Julie-thanks!
Sarah- I know, he has the funniest faces, doesn't he?
Post a Comment