Thursday, February 23, 2012

over the river and through the woods again

I know this was a few months ago now, but it was already half done, so I wanted to post it before it got too late! We had so much fun visiting Grandma at Christmas time. We got to have lots of  adventures while we were there.
One of our first days there, it was snowing! It was a pretty snowfall, with big soft flakes, and it wasn't nearly as cold as it is at our house when it snows. Plus, grandma came out and played too! 

This is the empty lot near our house. My siblings and I spent a lot of time playing here as kids too.


While everyone was running around playing, we had some surprise visitors!

Grandma told the reindeer to get back to Santa so they could help deliver our presents the next night.



Christmas eve we sang songs...




and we read the Christmas story while we sang. Hi Uncle Thain!




Santa brought lots of presents!

Elijah had a great first Christmas.




Daddy got to treasure hunt with Grandpa
And he found a bunch of his own loot!

We got to play cards with Thorin and Grandma (Eli won.)



And we got to decorate cookies too!

we all helped decorate a gingerbread house



Grandma was clever enough to buy one that was already assembled.






























Elora added all the finishing touches.


























After the visit to grandmas, we went north for Thain's wedding, staying at our aunt and uncles's home. We got to see lots of relatives, even our Great Grandma and our newest cousin, William! William is just one month older than Elijah.





























Aren't they cute?



the boys liked making William laugh






    

oh yeah...Kiera was there too.
ps sorry the formatting on this post sucks! It was having issues.

6 comments:

KieraAnne said...

Yay me! I want to go to mom's house sometime...you should come too, it would be a party. ;)

julie said...

I love the pictures of your mom and the kids playing in the snow. They were so lovely with the snow falling down and the bright colors of their coats/scarves/etc.

I'm glad you had a good visit. And, I'm really glad that you posted this even though it was awhile ago.

Anonymous said...

I love the snowflakes in those photos. So pretty! I whole-heartedly support better-late-than-never posting habits.

Mellissa said...

Don't feel so bad about being behind. I still have pictures from Thanksgiving that I just found today and realized I needed to post!

I love all the pictures! I'm glad you got to visit your parents, and that your kids enjoy Grandma's house so much.

tearese said...

kiera-okay, I love parties.
julie- I love those too! I think the last time I tried to capture falling snow I had my old crappy camera, and it didn't work at all.
sarah-yay! Me too.
missy-it was fun running into you at Wal-mart when we were there too. And totally weird.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed all the pictures. I just got around to getting mine put away. Come again. Mom