While we don't attend all of the events, we do enjoy the parade and the carnival. At the parade my kids got about 10 pounds of candy all together, it was crazy!
We had been told that the fair didn't start until two, and the parade got over at eleven, so to kill time we had lunch and played a concentration game at the church. Later we learned the fair really did start at noon on the day we were there, but that's okay.
For the carnival, we get enough tickets for the kids to do two rides, and for Joseph and I to each ride one. Josh and Jonah rode a small roller coaster for kids first.
![]() |
| This is gonna be great! |
Josh loved it while Jonah really didn't like it, but he put on a brave face. I was kind of annoyed at the operator though. About halfway through the ride, Jonah started yelling that he wanted off, and he was crying, but the guy was listening to music and wasn't watching them. No one else was on the ride, so he could've easily stopped it if he was paying attention. Oh well.
![]() |
| Make it stop! |
Jonah also got to ride the carousel. He loved it last year, but now he was scared to ride because the last ride had been too fast for him. I had to go with him because he was too small to ride alone.
![]() |
| Is it over yet mom? |
Josh kept insisting that he wanted to play one of the games, but we didn't want him to because they cost extra, and didn't accept tickets. Finally we relented and they got to play a water shooting game. Jonah won a prize, then Josh was upset so Joseph let him play again. He won that time, but cried forever because he couldn't have a giant prize or play again! Seriously, those two games cost us 12 dollars in all, it was ridiculous.
![]() |
| I win! |
Elora had been waiting since last year to ride the ferris wheel; Josh chose that ride too so I rode in between them. I had been waiting since last year too, since then I was pregnant and couldn't ride anything! We had fun looking out over the town, and down at daddy and Jonah, with Eli sleeping in daddy's arms.
![]() |
| Attack of the 50 ft woman! |
![]() |
| downtown Faith. |







3 comments:
I would have picked the same rides as Elora - I love both of them!
Sounds like you had a fun time! There's something neat about growing up in a small town and I bet your kids are making wonderful memories.
I'm sure they are. Thanks for your comment!
I love the picture of Faith.
Good memories!
Post a Comment