Tuesday, August 07, 2012

This Means Something

Guess where we visited on our way home from our Utah vacation? I'll give you a hint. 

There are rocks,
and trees, 

and great views, along with a fun family hike. Well...fun for most of us.

Whenever you see a picture of it, you might have the strange idea that "This Means Something."



That's right!

I convinced Joseph we should go to Devil’s tower, since it was only about 50 miles out of our way, and we were already taking extra time getting home (which I may or may not explain later). The last time we went there was in the winter we were coming home from his brother’s house in Washington…2010 I believe.
Joseph was sure the hike took about two hours, but I assured him it was just 45 minutes.  Of course after applying sunblock, using the bathrooms, etc. it really was about two hours, especially with all the breaks Josh thought he needed to take. I was still glad we went, it’s so pretty there! 

 

When we got done it was lunch time again, and we went to one of the tourist restaurants there, even though we knew it would be expensive.  Yeah, that was Josh’s favorite part: another restaurant!





I loved the contrast of the hay fields in front of the towering monolith, so I got a picture, and later I had fun doing this cool marker drawing! I'd been wanting to do some kind of picture of the fields around where we live, but this was the perfect combination of agriculture and...extraterrestrial landing field.
ps- sorry the spacing is stupid on this post. Blogger had it out for me.

6 comments:

KieraAnne said...

Yay Devil's Tower! Patrick thought all of you picture were cool...especially the one with the hay field. Also the spacing looks fine to me. :)

julie said...

Great pictures! I especially love the one of you - you look great! I've never been to Devil's Tower but have heard of it. Where is it? I really like the marker picture you made, too.

Cardine said...

I need to go to this place. It looks really cool!

Unknown said...

Hey, at least some part of your crazy trip home was fun! I'm always amazed at how something that takes 45 minutes is less time than prepping for it! I think children inhale time.

tearese said...

It's in North-eastern Wyoming, only about an hour over the border from South Dakota. WE went there several times when I was a kid, so it carries a lot of nostalgia for me.

Anonymous said...

You are so pretty, Tearese!