Monday, February 25, 2013

yeah, another group of drawings

I know I just barely posted about all the old pen drawings on my other blog. But I just finished uploading all of the other pen drawings, and I'm excited to share them with people who might possibly care.
These are the big group drawings I started doing in 1995. They peaked around 1998, and I did some more when I had a lot of spare time at my job in Seattle, the year they were downsizing and we had hardly anything to do all day.
I love how these reflect what I was doing at the time, and how I can find people I know in the drawing. I also like to see how they get much better with time.
For instance, there were quite a few lovey-dovey ones from the year I was engaged and got married:

And I hid myself in many of the drawings from college:


This one was done when James Christensen visited for our art majors seminar,and I was thinking about his whimiscally drawn clothing styles. And hats.



Don't worry, there are a lot less of these than there were of the other group of drawings, so if you have a few minutes, go on over to the other blog and check it out! This is the link: http://teareseart.blogspot.com/p/archives-pen-doodles-2-group-drawings.html



3 comments:

Sarah said...

Looking at these is so fun!

julie said...

I love looking at these, too! How long did it take you, on average, to draw one of these?

tearese said...

julie- I have no idea because I didn't work on them consistently. Maybe a month for the full page later ones. At least a few weeks.