Monday, July 22, 2013

green and pink and hit all over

What's green and pink and hit all over?




















Well,it starts with a balloon, and a few cups.

























Then add lots of paper, flour and water.  Probably cover the table, because it's really messy.



Finally, you add Jonah's two favorite colors (pink and green),

























with a few frills just for fun.




















What do you end up with? Why a piñata of course! One of Jonah's favorite bedtime books is a Spanish book about filling up a piñata, so we decided to make one just for his birthday. Of course we didn't have cool things like in his book- dos trompetas, tres animalitos, quatro aviones, cinco silbatos, seis chicles...well, you get the idea. We did have candy, and a few glow in the dark things, so that was pretty good, right?
 Jonah seemed to think so. Good thing too, because it took most of the week to make it!

























We don't have a good tree nearby, so we planned to hang it at the school playground on one of the toys there. But as there were people there the night of his birthday, we changed plans and took it to the pow wow grounds!
Everyone got a turn to hit, from smallest to largest:





































 








































Josh made the first mortal wound, and it wasn't too long before it looked like this:

 
Of course, mommy might have had something to do with that final blow :)
 
 The piñata was the big event of the evening, but Jonah got other cool stuff for his birthday too, like the cake that he and daddy decorated together. He got chocolate cake with strawberry frosting, and he told daddy how he wanted it decorated.
 

 
 
He got lots of cool presents too!
 
 
Everyone needs at least one light saber in their childhood.
 
 
 
Happy birthday, Jonah!
 
 

4 comments:

Cardine said...

Fun! I swear, you are basically the funnest mom around. That is so cool that you made your own pinata! And it turned out great!

julie said...

I agree with Cardine - how totally awesome that you guys made your own pinata! How fun! It looked great and I bet everyone had a blast hitting it.

Happy Birthday, Jonah!

KieraAnne said...

Yeah I agree, the pinata was cool. It looked way better than I was picturing..far better than it would have looked if I made it. I wouldn't have thought of the tissue paper thing. That's funny his favorite colors are pink and green. Henry's are red and green...and yellow.

Sarah said...

VERY professional looking piñata! Wow! Fun!