Monday, November 25, 2013

Autumn Colors

Autumn in South Dakota! While we had that huge snowstorm the first week in October (you know, the one that killed tens of thousands of cows, and left some people without power for weeks because of snapped poles on the power lines) the rest of October was beautiful! I had the opportunity to take a few pictures when I was driving west to Pierre (pronounced "Peer") later that month. A lot of crops were ready to harvest, like millet, wheat, and sunflowers. While North Dakota is the state with Sunflowers on the license plate, South Dakota has it's fair share. Check it out:
 
 
The red stuff is millet.






I love this shot of the sunflowers!




This is a little roadside park near Hayes, SD. There were some migrating geese hanging out when we stopped by.





Now these fields are all yellow, but they looked cool as we approached home
 this day.  Look, over there is where we live!

3 comments:

KieraAnne said...

Awww, the poor sad sunflowers! They are all bowing their heads in defeat because they know that their time has past. :(

KieraAnne said...

"passed" I mean. ;)

Cardine said...

I like the fields. That is what I imagine when I hear the term rolling hills.