Tuesday, July 08, 2014

little artists

A week or two ago, we all sat down and did some paintings together at the table. I was surprised the boys stuck around (especially Joshua) but we all had some fun. Would you like to see what we did?
Here is Eli's minimalist painting, as well as one he did a few days ago. Eli is kind of like Elora in that he will sit and paint by himself if I set the stuff out for him. He was into markers for a while, until he suddenly realized he could draw on his arms and legs too, so we don't get those out so much any more.






































Jonah got to use some acrylic paints for his drawing. He says there are bird foot prints in purple:



















And Joshua has become interested in drawing monsters lately; typical seven-year-old boy stuff. See the little guy by the tree being scared in both pictures? That shows you the scale of how big his monsters are.

 














































I was very impressed with Elora's drawing; she chose a glass mug and got it out herself then sat and drew it for an hour. I think it's on par with a beginning art class in high school. Good job Elora!


























As for myself, I was testing out a new "moleskin" notebook I got for my birthday. I keep seeing them on Pinterest, and decided I wanted one. I'm still hazy on how to take a good picture of the whole notebook with the pages laying straight- it's too big for my scanner.
The day before, I drew a picture of my newly-finished quilt, and then painted it this day. It turned out pretty good!


2 comments:

KieraAnne said...

Wow, Elora's pic really is good! I've totally seen highschool students that draw that well...and she can do her name in cursive? Did they learn that already at your school? I think Isabelle is supposed to learn how this year.

tearese said...

no, She wanted to learn it last year, so Joseph brought home a paper that showed how to make each letter. Every once in a while she decides to practice it.