Monday, July 14, 2014

oh yeah...May.


So we talked about June. Do you want to hear about May? Cause that happened too. At the beginning of May, the grass was still yellow.



















But as it grew in, some of it looked very strange. I couldn't remember if it had been this way before, but for some reason many different plants-grass, weeds, etc. Were coming up with tinges of red and purple in their leaves! I wonder if it was something in the soil? It seemed very curious and was everywhere around our community, though I didn't notice it anywhere else.

















































































As the end of the month neared, the grass was green again, and the red tints seemed to disappear without a trace.




















The end of the school year came with the end of year pow-wow. We missed it last year because of a funeral, and I seem to remember it getting canceled or something the year before, so everyone was glad to be able to go this year. The kids got to hang out with their class one last time, and Elora even got her hair decorated with the flowers blooming all around. The other girls were very jealous.








May also brought some pretty wildflowers, and wildlife! We saw a toad in our garden, a snake in our yard, and lots of turtles on the road. May was a pretty good month!

 








1 comment:

KieraAnne said...

It was May at my house one time...