Sunday, August 10, 2014

seven

 




















Josh's birthday was a few months ago, and we finally got around to taking his seven-year-old pictures!
It was kind of a cloudy morning so Josh got to wear one of he favorite shirts; I'd been waiting for a nice sunny evening, but it never seemed to work out. As usual, Josh doesn't hold still very well, so there weren't a ton of photos that were focused as I'd like, but he's cute so I guess it's okay.
I really wanted to take someone's pictures with this old chair. I know it's become cliche to have a piece of furniture out in a field, but this chair was perfect, and it's the only picture of Josh in a chair in a field, so it's not cliche for him! Most likely, I will pick one from this first group for my wall; I am partial to the top two but haven't really decided yet. I like the composition of the bottom one as well, but as an 8x10, some of it would get cut off, and the effect might not be the same.


A.


































Here we have some leaning poses. I think the bottom left is the best here, though if he were smiling better I might pick the top right for the composition.

B.





















We finished with the chair, and of course then Josh started smiling. I like his face in all of these a lot, it's just we already have lots of pictures of kids standing in tall grass! (Or in this case, yellow clover). I don't know which I like best here.

C.


















This group shall hereafter be referred to as: the time everything was in perfect focus, but Josh wasn't actually smiling good for me. Although his face in the bottom right frame is hilarious.

D.






















These few are okay, just not spectacular in any way:

E.























And finally, when Josh started being too silly and I knew we were done.


F.

















 So, are there any that you would pick?

4 comments:

KieraAnne said...

I like; A; Top Right, B;bottom left, but I would crop it so he was more centered. C; bottom right, D; bottom left, E; meh, F: eh.. I think, that top right of A is my favorite. :)

KieraAnne said...

Oh, and I really like the first one at the top, but I'm not sure if that was an option or not. ;)

tearese said...

yeah, the one at the top I like too, it just didn't fit with the other groups shape wise. I printed that one to go above my computer.

Sarah said...

I love his red hair. And that blue shirt looks so great with his hair.