
and at least at church, the other kids enjoy it too. Joshua has always liked drawing monsters,


while Jonah is starting to move beyond stick people with big tummies.
Eli has just recently jumped from scribbles to stick people and monsters too.
One day several months ago, I was looking through the notebook pages trying to find a blank page. When I couldn't find one, I decided to just add to the scribbles already on the page. ( I don't draw at church very often at all these days, and I didn't want to take up a page someone else could use.)
The scribble made some nice hair, no?
Another day, I found some half-finished drawings that Josh or Jonah had done, so I decided to finish one. This was fun!

In fact, I decided Josh wouldn't mind a little embellishment to a few more of his monster drawings. This was the first addition done, drawn quickly and to Joshua's delight.

Of course, then Elora had to try it too. Copycat.

And one time, I think Josh is the one who sabotaged Elora's drawing, with the monster coming out of the genie lamp. Haha. Elora always makes cool outfits for her characters.
And at some point, Jonah found a pair of pants Elora had drawn without an occupant, so he decided to fill and color them himself. (Green is Jonah's favorite color, and therefore Eli's favorite as well.)

Once again, I turned the tables on Joshua's monster: now the guy his creature is attacking has a pet monster on a chain that's even bigger! Mwaahahaha.

Of course, my favorite addition wasn't exactly Joshua's. But he did get a good laugh out if it.





4 comments:
These are so AWESOME! And I loved reading about your children's reactions to the additions. What a great idea.... I am sure this has unlocked something in each of your children's brains. Talk about looking outside the box.
I love it!
Those are pretty cool. Also your kids draw really well...I guess cuz you've done it with them for so long. My favorite is the guy named Thaden. ;)
Wow! I am so impressed with your kids' imagination and drawing skills - Elora is so much better than a lot of adults (especially me). What a fun idea to add to their pictures. I wish I could have watched you draw them like I did when we were in YW. :)
very cretive = all of you I like the drawings
Post a Comment