Saturday, April 30, 2016

April Fools (because now it's May)

 Since it's pretty much May now, I thought I'd mention April fools. Joseph and I had big plans, but ended up forgetting to reallly do anything. Luckily, Elora and Josh had it in the bag. First, Josh woke me up repeatedly, telling me he'd made me a beautiful picture on my door and he really wanted me to see it. He further embellished his description of his drawing, saying it was a pretty heart. When I finally went to see what he'd drawn, this is what met my eyes. Surprise, surprise!






















Later,  I discovered one of Elora's tricks when I went to use the restroom....there was a "spider" several rolls into the toilet paper. Haha. I know she got that idea from our Highlights Magazine. 
















Joseph attempted to trick the kids by offering them a bite of his homemade burrito, which was staring straight back at them!



Later in the afternoon, Elora taped a big plastic spider to our doorway (not pictured), trying to make daddy scream, but he just ignored it. Too bad.

Finally, Elora told everyone a lovely tale about how she'd woken up in the night hungry, so she'd made everyone a little snack. I think Eli was the only one really surprised by the "Brown-Es", but it was still a good trick.



April Fools!

2 comments:

julie said...

I'm going to try the Brown-Es on Steve next year. :)

Sarah said...

You guys are so fun! I always want to do something, but can rarely think of anything good. This year, I told my family that Aaron was contact by NASA to join a medical team on a first-of-its-kind lunar hospital and that we were "over the moon" about it!