Sometimes, I find myself wishing I had something more significant to blog about, some underlying purpose to my posts that would make them more sensational. Then I stumble across blogs that are more significant.
The family that inexplicably lost a three year old girl that looks so much like Elora. The couple that has been trying so hard to get pregnant and they finally are expecting twins!....only to loose them before they are born. The parents who were tragically burned in a plane accident, or the countless others who have children suffering from cancer or other maladies.
After reading my fill, I come away from the computer with tears in my eyes, grateful that, for now, I have nothing more sensational to write about that my everyday life with my little family.
Thursday, December 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You are so right! I feel like that a lot but then I have to spend a few moments and remember that i have a wonderful husband and 2 beautiful kids and that all that really matters. It's hard to be grateful for what you have, but it does make you feel better in the end.
I was feeling like this today too and stumbled upon an old high school friend of mine's blog that talks about her struggle with infertility and how she just underwent surgery for a brain tumor.It is so sad to me that great people have to go through the things that they do. I am grateful thought that we have the ability to see into a piece of their lives and feel the love that Heavenly Father has for them and their great examples of overcoming hard times. It really does take you back and make you appreciate all the many blessings that you have!
It's always nice to find some perspective in life. Even though you might not think your blog is sensational, someone else might be inspired in their own way by the things you write or post about.
Yeah. Word.
I was thinking the other day about how cool it is that you do artwork and post it on your blog. It is nice that you do have something to blog about. Me? I don't really have anything to say.
I feel like my blog has been filled with too much of that kind of stuff in the last year, and keep looking for more fun everyday things to post about. Sometimes it's good to just post about "nothing." :)
andrea- yes, its always good to reflect on what we do have!
tnralvords- It seems there are so many people with that stuff going on, you're right, it does make you appreciate your own situation.
missy-thanks for saying so!
cardine- aw, c'mon, you always have bacon ;)
kara- I hope the next year will be full of the fun stuff for your blog!
Post a Comment