It was a long two week trip but it was mostly fun! Since my sister lives in Texas (and we used to live even further away in Washington) we only see each other maybe once a year.
Here is my hot (now blonde) sister:

Isn't she cute? We had lots of fun together, singing Carpenters and Indigo Girls songs, while cooking Christmas treats. We didn't sound so good when we started loosing our voices, but thats beside the point. Do you like the aprons our mom made for us?

We also visited with her husband, whom she is quick to point out, looks like Hugh Jackman. Here he is holding James, who is eight months younger than Joshua. Aren't they cute too?

James and his sister, Isabelle, are Elora and Josh's only cousins on my side. Isabelle is just three months younger than Elora, and they had a great time together!

Even though they are very close in age, it should be noted that Elora is somewhat less....dainty...than Isabelle:

They did the girly thing where they tried on each other's shoes.

Unfortunately Isabelle's new size sevens (which are a little large on her) were somewhat tight on Elora's size ten feet. She must take after her mother. I'm so proud! (No really, I used to brag about my large shoe sizes when I was a kid.)

In fact, we were quite amused to discover that Isabelle was only slightly taller than 18-month-old Joshua! (This angle doesn't illustrate it too well, but its true.) Not only that, but Joshua's feet were bigger than Isabelle's!

Despite all of the differences in age and size, everyone ended up having a great visit together:

They are going to be so embarrassed by this picture when they're older. Ha ha.

They especially had fun at the live nativity we went to..
complete with camels!
There were a few rough spots: Elora and Josh were throwing up on Christmas day (Kiera's kids had already been sick before we came), and the last few days we were there, both our kids developed hacking coughs that kept them up at night. At least we got to open presents before they got too sick!

It was crazy trying to find spots for everyone to eat, especially for Christmas dinner:

Isabelle wasn't too excited that her cousins got her bedroom, and sometimes there were fights over toys.
James was wary of his cousins, even though Elora and Josh really liked following him around and crawling after him when he tried to get away. He'll like them later, I'm sure.
It got a little chilly a few of the days we were there (in the 40's) but we were still able to go walk around outside, and go to the park once. (This picture is in Kiera's back yard.)

Oh yeah, we visited my turtle, Gollum too. I used to take care of him when I lived at home, but now he lives in Texas with Kiera's family, where the weather is much better for him.
They keep him in a small pond in the backyard. He's been in our family for about 15 years now!
After our week-long visit, we bid our favorite cousins goodbye as we headed off to Grandma's house. Thanks for letting us come, Kiera!
10 comments:
Wow! Kiera, your hair looks very cute. I wish I could pull something like that off.
It looks like you had a really good visit, Tearese. Your turtle is beautiful, and the colors are amazing.
Yeah! I've been waiting for a run-down on your trip! Too bad the kids got sick, but I'm glad everyone had a good time anyway. Kiera really does look great - I'd love a short hair cut like that! It must be mega easy to do. Maybe someday. That turtle has been in your family for 15 years??? That's really cool!
That first picture of Kiera is perfect in every way. It should be framed! Im glad you guys had a nice Christmas with family.
Sure, sure, thanks for saying I was hot! ;) It was fun having you guys visit. You'll have to come again when we're in a bigger house where we can actually all fit in the kitchen at the same time.
Cardine- thanks, yeah we had fun. The turtle is huge now...it would take two hands to hold him.
julie-oh, just stay tuned, I have way too many posts planned about our trip.
kiera- thanks...except for the fact that its in the bathroom!
kieraanne-thanks, your new house is going to be crazy huge next time we come. I almost posted pics of it, but didn't want to make this any longer.
How fun for you kids to hang out with their cousins. I'm so sorry they were sick on Christmas - what a bummer for them. Your turtle is cute - my boys would get a kick out of a turtle.
Looks like a super fun time!
Loved all the photos. I love it when you can see the progression of a story with pictures. The first one of your sis and the turtle one are my favorites.
Why not brag about big feet?
It looks like you all had a great time--though I'm sorry the kids got sick. I hope they recovered soon! (And what a beautiful turtle).
Missy and Heidi- it seems every trip we go on, Elora throws up, so I guess in a way, we were expecting it? At least they're better now!
Thanks, I like my turtle too.
Jen- it was fun!
Lynne- Exactly, why not?
Post a Comment