(note: I totally stole the snow effect from Katie. Thanks for telling me where to get it! :))
Its a fairly well-known fact (among my friends) that I don't have a scale in my bathroom; I find this keeps me from obsessing about my weight too much. However, whenever I do visit a home with a scale, I can't resist trying it out to see where I stand. I do the same when I take my kids to the doctor: before the nurse comes in I might quickly jump on the scale to check it out.
This Thanksgiving at my mom's house, I noted the scale in her bathroom and jumped on to see the results with curiosity. I was shocked! A few weeks earlier, at Elora's well-child check-up, I'd weighed myself and found I hadn't lost nearly as much baby weight as I'd like, but I wasn't too badly off. But mom's scale told a different story. According to hers, I had gained a full 15 pounds in the last few weeks!
I quickly found mom and asked if her scale was accurate (for surely it couldn't be). She assured me that it was, and I slowly went back into the bathroom to recheck, shocked at how badly our snacking on the drive had affected me.
But this time before I stepped on, I remembered to put the 15 pound baby down on some towels before I read the results.
And all was right with the world again.
Monday, November 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
You are awesome!
Oh, that just made my night! Thanks for sharing. :)
You're so funny...I wish I could blame mine on forgetting to put down the baby. ;)
That must be my problem, too! Brilliant!
PS I found the snow widget at bloggerbuster.com, just search for snow!
Silly girl. What a good laugh you gave me. And probably a big "Whew!" for you.
Mow if I could only loose as much weight as my 21 year old baby. Man, I could wear three bulky sweaters at a time and be warm and still be thin. Sigh.
That was hilarious! Thanks for sharing.
That sounds like something I would do... thanks for sharing!
lol! Too bad I don't have a 15 pound baby to set down first when I weigh!
Hahaha! This is one of the funniest blogs ever. Thanks!
LOL!! That's awesome! They become such a part of you that you don't even think about it. :)
whoops!! haha, you're funny! The snow is lovely.
thanks for your comments everyone! Yes, this is a true story and I'm a nerd.
That reminds me of one evening when Justin asked me where Dallin was, and seriously looked around for a few minutes before I pointed out to him that Justin was holding him. Love the story :)
Post a Comment