"Mommy? What am I doing in this big chair with my bib on? I thought you were supposed to wait till six months to feed me solids. Not that I don't appreciate the bits of banana and ice cream you've sneaked me, but I can't really sit up that great yet.... and I'm barely five months this week!"

"Oh hey look! Daddy's here too! He's so silly. This was probably his idea wasn't it."

"Woah, what is that?! Well sure I'll let you put it in my mouth, I was going to put it there anyway. Thanks!"

Chomp.

"Hmm, what an interesting texture. "

"Well. That was educational. Smooshed peas, huh? Not bad, but I think I'll pass on the rest."

"Wait, wait, I said I was done! Don't give me anymo.....pppthhtthh!"

"Oh man. "

"So that was peas."

"Okay, just take it slowly..."

"And please help me sit up straighter so I can finish my dinner!"

Since this day, we've bought some banana flavored baby cereal, which he loves! But we have been sitting him in his baby swing so he doesn't fall over so much.
And if you're really interested, here is a short video :
6 comments:
I love him slowly sinking in his chair! I never lasted that long with waiting either. I was always ready to fill their tummies so they would finally sleep through the night!
Good for him eating foods! He is so cute!
Missy- yeah, everyone says they sleep better and so do all the books..but it just doesn't work for my kids! If anything, JOnah has been waking up more at night this last week, and my other kids didn't regularly sleep through the night till they were a year old!
Ruth-thanks!
Tearese! Your baby is so big to eat food! That's really funny how he keeps leaning away and by the end looks like he's going to slide under the tray. We put our kids in their bouncy seat the first little bit while we feed them, but mom said you didn't have one of those. :)
He's so adorable! I love the play-by-play.
Darling photos! I loved the video, slinking out of sight, almost.
Post a Comment