In the last while I've been working on bigger portraits than normal, so while this was an 8x10, I forgot that I could scan it and instead took pictures with my camera. This doesn't capture the detail as well, and the color is somewhat off too, but each method of recording has its drawbacks.
This little boy has big brown eyes:

A cute little smile, and a bright red shirt...I recall doing a lot of other red shirts too, it must be this family's favorite color.

the photos still have the same problem as my scanner: they don't pick up all the subtle detail and colors in this drawing. Now I see why you're supposed to get a professional to photograph your artwork for magazines.

This one is the closest to the actual drawing.. just know that there is also green, purple, orange, blue, yellow and all the other fun colors in his face. Trust me.
And its my first portrait for 2010. Hooray!
5 comments:
What a cutie... and the reason I know that is because you do such great work!
Oh I love these posts! I love seeing how the portrait evolves into a wonderful finished product. I'm glad you have more portraits to draw so that we get to see more of your work!
Beautiful! You are so talented.
I'm glad you are able to keep doing these portraits. Do you enjoy it for the most part? You do a wonderful job.
sarah-aw, thanks!
julie, of course, I do these posts just for you.
ruth-thanks!~
missy- I do like doing these; the first few years I was married I didn't do any artwork, and now I realize I was really missing it. I just hope I can continue to get commissions when we move-and that there is an art store in town!
Post a Comment