Remember this place?
Maybe it was my need to organize, or maybe I was inspired by seeing other neighbors occasionally shoveling the sidewalks for everyone else, but I was feeling ambitious that morning.
Joseph was home on Monday- thanks to the holiday- so while he watched the baby, I took Elora and Josh out to play in the snow. I brought my trusty box cutter into the shed to do some business. Did I mention I worked in the mail room of a very large company for a few years in Seattle? You better believe I can wield a mean box cutter.
Despite my awesome box-cutting skilz, it still took two hours to flatten most of the boxes:
and separate the plastic/metal:
from the paper and cardboard:
Yeah, those boxes aren't flattened because they're completely full of paper. Remember the one bin for paper? Still definitely not enough room. I had to empty the boxes before I refilled them, because they also had plastic and garbage that needed weeding out.
Now all we need is for someone to come pick this stuff up, and my work will be complete. I feel much better now.
10 comments:
I'm so impressed! Good job! I hope that your neighbors now realize how it's supposed to be and keep it that way! *crossing my fingers*
WOW! We are quite alike. Organization and all! You did an awesome job!
That is impressive...and a little frightening when I think of you wielding a box cutter. Watch out cardboard!
Wow, what a sweetie you are. You should be on the recycling payroll. I can just see you, whack, whack, whacking the box cutter. In the background I hear the theme song from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. I don't know why. And then I picture you blowing on your smoking hot box cutter, just like someone in the old west.
Wow! Great job!
Hopefully now that it's clean, your neighbors will take a hint and realize that it's SUPPOSED to look that way!
Did you chuck the fan in the garbage?
ack! just so everyone knows, most the neighborhood is really good at recycling their stuff! Its mostly just new people and the recycling facility not picking up that is the problem.
I don't want my neighbors all to hate me...I'm not trying to reprimand anyone, seriously.
lynne- that is pretty funny.
rose- yeah, that was the first thing to go.
Way to be proactive... I'm proud of you.
Inspirational. If everyone had the same attitude you do, the world would be a much neater place. That was very considerate of you.
You go girl! I actually just quit recycling because it was always a mess and they were never picking it up. Good for you to go clean it!
You Rock Tearese!!! I tried doing that one time and the Box Elder bugs finally did me in! totally frreaked me out!
Post a Comment