Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Birthday 5 Year Old!

You'll never guess who's finally turning five this Friday. Let me give you a hint...



Her favorite "animal" is a lady bug. Her favorite color is red. She always wants to play with other kids (and wishes there were more here to pay with), but is kind of shy when she's around them. She likes playing "mommy" to her two little brothers.



She loves to draw and paint (especially pictures of butterflies, hearts, flowers, and mommy). Her favorite cartoons are Curious George, Dragon Tales, Ni Hao Kai Lan, and Maggie and the Ferocious Beast. Her favorite movies include Castle in the Sky, Naussica, and Labyrinth. She loves playing Poptropica on the computer -which doesn't work on the internet here :(


She loves to write letters to people, and especially to get letters in the mail. (Anyone who wants to write, let me know!) She can read pretty well, and loves to read to her brothers out of beginning reader books. And she really wishes her birthday was earlier in the year so she could have gone to school this year.


She's super excited for her birthday to come soon... though I have no idea what we'll do to make it exciting since we have no one to invite Poor child.
Did you guess?

That's right, it's ELORA!!




Happy Birthday little girl! Hope it is a great year for you.

9 comments:

KieraAnne said...

Happy Birthday Elora! Your hair looks just like Kailan's! ;) That's crazy that she's already five. She can read? Man, Isabelle is so behind. Hope you guys have a fun party in all of your grasslands!

Rose said...

Wow, she is so tall! Happy Birthday Elora!

(You have my email address, right? If you send me your address, I can mail Elora a birthday note to open. :))

Ruth said...

I will message you my email and you can give me your address. My 5 year old would love to send things back and forth!

Mellissa said...

She's so pretty. I love that first picture of her! I think it's funny that your oldest turns five this year and my youngest turned five this year. That's great that she can read, and loves doing so for her little brothers! I hope she has a happy birthday!

julie said...

Happy Birthday, Elora! I hope she has a wonderful day and really enjoys her year of being 5. Wow. Time flies. Good luck with the bday plans! :)

tearese said...

kiera- yeah, she can read a little bit. Grassland parties are awesome.
Rose-thanks! I bet Jorden is probably just as tall? At her appt. she was 46in I think.
Ruth-thanks, that would be fun!
Missy-Thanks, I like that picture took, even though she looks kind of grumpy in it. Yeah, I always think how weird it is that we're at such different points in our parenthood experience.
julie-thanks!

Rose said...

I think Jorden is 44 or 45 inches. So Elora is probably a little taller. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Elora! I hope you all have a great day tomorrow! Love the little stories and all the pictures. Kimber

Anonymous said...

Fantastic photos of the birthday girl!