Saturday, January 07, 2012

A Haircut

Yes, for the first time since the fall of 2009, I got a haircut! My hair grows pretty fast, and it was getting very long. Not that anything's wrong with long, but it was also straggly and split-endy, not to mention within easy grasp of my four month old.
When I visited home for Christmas, my mom set me up with her hair dresser, who did a great job! Seriously, it's the best haircut I've ever had. Of course, that might be because she also styled it, and I am a moron when it comes to actually styling hair. I admit I haven't been able to really imitate the way she did my do that first night, but I like knowing the potential is there. Here are some shots I took in my mom's bathroom....









The stylest showed me exactly how to do it, and she made it look very easy, but apparently it's not that easy. But at least you now know, I had fancy hair at one point in December! Oh, and for any of you who live in my hometown, the hairdresser was Summer Shirley, and I highly recommend her (as does my mom.)

5 comments:

julie said...

Very lovely! It is a great cut and the length really looks good with your face. And, I've always loved your hair color.

I can never recreate what the stylist does either. Sometimes I don't mind because sometimes they go a little crazy with their stylings. Other times, I love what they do and wish I could do it too. Oh well.

Anyway, you look wonderful!

KieraAnne said...

Oooh... pretty!

tearese said...

thanks! Yeah, usually I feel like I have to "fix" whatever they did to my hair, but she really knew what she was doing. She's married to Mr. Shirley's son, Jimmy Shirley, who works with my mom. I brought in a picture of Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane in the first Spiderman for my reference photo, and she got it spot on.

Mellissa said...

You look wonderful! I love that fresh-from-the-stylist feeling of really healthy hair. I've had a cut like yours before and I really liked it, but my hair is so fine; it doesn't have the volume like yours does. Very nice.

When I first got a round brush to blow out my hair it took a while to not tangle my hair. But now it's a cinch.

My mother-in-law has had her hair cut by Summer Shirley--I think she's in the same ward. She also really liked her and said she did a good job.

It was good to see you...even though it was in the parking lot of Walmart. Maybe next time you're down our kids could get together and we could chat. :)

Anonymous said...

You look great!