
This photo was rather large (11x14) and hard to scan anywhere, so I took a photo of it with my camera in order to take it home and "repair" it. I also added a few inches to the top and bottom, so it would be easier to crop to different print sizes. It didn't turn out too bad, did it? This color looks a little too saturated on this monitor, but we'll see how the print turns out.

I need to mention, this is my dad, his parents, and his younger sister, before my dad even met my mom (his mother had died by that time.)
Here's the best picture of my mom from the late 70's...I need to find one with her facing the camera!
6 comments:
Good job! I think dad looks more like Dain though. They have the same nose and chin.
Wow. Isn't it amazing what our parents looked like when they were young? My parents have photos of themselves when they were just married and it's really hard for me to tell that it's actually them. Your mom and dad resemble themselves quite a bit. And you look quite a bit like your mom did in this picture. Can you see yourself in her?
oh, I guess I should've said who was in this picture! My mom isn't in it, this is my dad and his sister, and his parents. My mom was really pretty when she was young, and I'm flattered when people say I look like she did. I'll have to find a picture of her to put on here too.
Mom's still really pretty...that's what you meant right? ;)
I agree with Missy, it is so fun to see pictures of people when they're younger, especially when you didn't know them from back then. It's interesting to see how they're the same and how they're different.
It will be fun for your kids to see these pictures (if they haven't already) and someday they'll look back at pictures of you when you were young! Yay!
I'm glad you clarified about your mom, because I was thinking the same thing as Missy. I can totally see you in the features of your aunt.
Also, I think it's weird that I'm going to look different when I'm old. I kind of don't believe it. I mean, I look at old photos of people who are old now and see obvious differences, so it stands to reason that I'll change quite a bit, too... but I don't feel like I've really changed much in a decade.
But, I guess I have. When I had to get my driver license renewed, I didn't want to have to have to get a new license, but I had to upgrade to the new style and get a new photo. I thought my old photo was pretty accurate. I was shocked to see that I really did look... older!
Post a Comment