Friday, November 23, 2012

The Glider Footrest thingy

So we have this glider stool thing. We got it for free, and there was a tiny little tear in the fabric when we got it a few years ago. Since that time, the smallest little people at our house have picked at the little hole,and torn it alittle bigger. Then the littlest one of all got kind of mobile,and the stool was his favorite thing to play with. He accidentally tore the hole reeeaaallly big. Then he kept pulling little pinches of stuffing out,so that every day we had to put the stool upside down so he wouldnt' mess with it.



Well, I decided this was getting a little ridiculous, since we couldn't even put the stool upright to use it correctly. I didn't want to throw it away (even though, as I said, it was free). So I decided to fix it. One day when we made the big trip to the city, I perused the utility fabrics at Walmart, and found the perfect one for our living room.



It took all day, but I think it turned out nice! After my amateur apholstery job was dry,Joseph put the stool back together for me. The stupid base was made of particle board, so the original holes for the screws were stripped, and Joseph had to reposition the glidy part. So if you look at it straight on, it doesn't look exactly right, but from the top, it looks pretty nice! And at least we don't have to turn it upside down anymore.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done! You really picked out nice fabric. I like it.

Unknown said...

I can tell I've been on facebook too much because at the end of this post I seriously was looking for the like button. Anyway, the new fabric looks really nice! Way to save your free stuff!

julie said...

I'm very impressed! I wouldn't have even thought to reupholster it...I'm not very crafty. It looks very nice and I love the new fabric.

Sarah said...

Good work!

I'm proud of you for lengthening its life.

KieraAnne said...

That looks awesome. Next you should come and reupholster my wingback chair that I keep stitching up. It really, really needs it.