Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Christmas

It begins with decorating; so exciting  for the kids to help, especially for the baby who doesn't remember the tree from last year.


This isn't the baby. This is Joshua. With sideburns.

We let him help, but not too much , and make sure everything is out of his reach in the end.


Obviously there is only one place we can put the tree, based on the shape of our ceiling, otherwise it has to go in the center of the room or block the way into the kitchen. Lovely.


 
Finally, the night before the big day. As per tradition, we read the Christmas story, complete with songs and pictures. Yes, I have a better photo of this- with everything in focus and a bright flash- but I like this one better because it looks more natural. And lets be honest, Josh is always moving so much he looks blurry.

 


While down the hall little ones snuggle to sleep, Santa deposits his gifts with barely a peep. "Hmm, the people who live here must have a toddler", he thinks, noticing the half and half style of the tree.



 Christmas morning comes cold and crisp , not too early, but barely light. It's our first Christmas at home since we moved here!


Everyone got things they wanted from Santa and family! Elora got something like 50 books...a few from mom and dad, then a set of 43 Magic Tree house books from Santa! Methinks Santa's associate in Southern Utah got him a deal with her teacher points through the Scholastic Book order. Elora's on #17 already!



Joshua realized his dream of owning a remote control car, and also got a cool dart gun from Grandma. He got some books too, a big one all about Dinosaurs, and a "Fly Guy" book too.
Jonah adores all his new shirts with green in them (his favorite color),and he got a neat viewfinder from Grandma. Jonah likes to play games, so Santa brought him a cool "Hungry Hungry Hippos" game to play with his family too!
And Joseph's brother got everyone a big stuffed animal/ doll, along with the movie Brave! Yay!



Mommy and Daddy had a pretty good Christmas too!Yes, I took pictures of my presents and not the kid's. I have yet to take a nice picture of the cool knee-high boots Joseph got me! I feel so fashionable now...I didn't own any before.
 
 
My mom sent me these fingerless gloves and I love them! I guess my grandma is the one who actually made them, while she was at my mom's house last month. They are great for wearing while reading, or watching shows at night in front of our computer. Also: yes, those are my knees, and not white leggings.



Joseph got tons of books, and a Doctor Who lunch box among other things. That Santa sure does know his stuff!




And we had a great Christmas afternoon, breaking in Jonah's new game!

3 comments:

KieraAnne said...

Ahh, your tree looks better than mine. Those gloves weren't at all what I was picturing. I was picturing gloves with fingers that go to about your middle knuckle, not no fingers at all. I've read some of those books. Your snowflakes look way cooler than any snowflakes I've ever made before. Okay, that's all.

Sarah said...

So fun!!

tearese said...

Kiera- yeah, I've seen lots of patterns for gloves like these lately...I think they're more accurately called arm warmers or something. I've been practicing making cool snowflakes, just so you'd be jealous.
Sarah- thanks!