Saturday, April 26, 2014

Spring Sunsets

Easter weekend was full of Easter stuff of course, which I will divulge eventually. But it also marked the beginning of sunset season, simply because there were two sunsets that were pretty spectacular right in a row that weekend. Next week it's supposed to snow and be gray again, but we won't talk about that.
The first sunset occurred when I was out on an evening walk with the kids. I had Elora run home and get my camera while we were still fairly close to the house. We missed the part that first caught my attention, but I got a few shots of the golden sunset before it was gone.
 
 
 
 I tried to take a few pictures with the kids too, but...meh. They were in fake smile mode...except of course, the shot I got without the sunset in it.
 
 
 
 
 
Luckily we  were  on a walk, because the good shot I got occurred a while later when I saw a view that was perfect. Now this is what I wanted!
 















The very next night there was an awesome super pink and magenta sunset. Unfortunately pink and red toned sunsets always give my camera a hard time. I tried hard to capture it close to how it looked, but be advised that none of these are actually as very pink as the real sky was. I love how just a few minutes time changes a sunset.