Friday, November 16, 2007

Heidi tagged me to do this post about seven things...I just hope I don't repeat too much stuff from my "100 things" post I did when I started my blog! Maybe I'll just expand on a few...

Rules:

1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

.............................................

1. So, like Heidi, I love going off by myself into secluded places. I haven't had a chance to do it much since I've been married, and not at all since the kids were born. I took numerous self portraits in said places as well (sans the dress Heidi wore) because I'm vain like that. This one is in Nauvoo.

I'd have to say my favorite period of seclusion was when I lived in Montlake, a suburb of Seattle. Several times a week I'd go sit on a bench under the Montlake bridge to work on my journal or read. When I got really adventurous, I could follow the nearby trail into a section of the Arboretum, which had numerous piers near the 520 bridge over to Bellevue. I'll spare you another portrait (yes I have some) and share this great view:


2. The longest job I've had was at Airborne Express (which later was bought by DHL). I alternately loved and hated my job. I loved: the view of Puget Sound, the stress free nature of my job, the ethnic diversity of my coworkers, the nice art work on the walls, the walk to the ferry and later the bus. I hated: that people looked down on my job station, knowing that I could do much better, +987being bored a lot of the time, feeling like I was in a dead-end job.
This is a view of the two buildings I worked in, on Elliot and Western, respectively. There is now a large sculpture park right next door!


3. I have these weird skin tags on my eyelids...I'm pretty sure I got them when I was pregnant. One of my eyelids is always itchy, and I secretly fear I'll get one on the inside of my eyelids, which will turn into one of those weird African diseases where my cornea will get scratched up and I'll go blind. Aaaaahhh!


4. I own a real sword. I used to ask for one for Christmas when I was a kid; my dad got me one when I was seventeen or eighteen (when I didn't want one anymore). It is still at my parents house, and probably ruined with rust. Oh, I redecorated my horrendous bedroom shortly after this photo was taken!



5. I was never one to have random crushes on lots of people (well, until around the time I started dating Joseph) but I did have two or three major crushes that lasted for years. Every once in a while, I still think about a couple of them. I realize I wouldn't really have been compatible with any of them, but its strange to remember how obsessive I was about it. Seriously. I would have been scared of me if I was them.

6. um.... this is a picture of my senior class in high school. Can you find me? Hint- I'm in the lower half.


7. Along the same vein- I've drawn class pictures three times: in sixth, seventh, and twelfth grade. My sixth grade teacher thought I was offering the drawing to her when I showed it to her, so I don't have that one anymore. But here's my seventh grade core class! (You can't find me in it because I drew myself and my friend Emily in a different section of the paper that wouldn't fit in the scanner. Glossy...you're on the top row.) The kid on the bottom left is saying, "New Kids on the Block Suck!"



Lets see, do I know seven people who haven't done this yet? I guess I'll tag:
Kiera
Glossy
Cardine
Julie
Warnser
Nettie
Kara
Tirzah
not that any will do it...will you?


20 comments:

KieraAnne said...

That's funny, this is the same thing Patrick's sister tagged me to do...that means I only have to do it once. ;) That's wierd about your eyelids...I had a wierd itchy bump thing on the edge of my eyelid once, but I put my head over steaming water with a towel for like twenty minutes and it popped and went away.

Jill said...

I was tagged to do this meme earlier, so here's a link to my answers earlier.

I couldn't even find me in that picture of our senior class!

I still have a copy of the picture you drew of our 12th grade English class. I still think it's amazing and I really wish I could draw. That's an amazing talent.

Jill said...

Oh yeah... I LOVE my bangs in that 7th grade picture. Ugh...

Anonymous said...

I had fun meeting you, too! Thanks for the tag.

I had weird skin tags on my neck. I got really tired of them getting caught on my hair and clothes and the kids trying to touch them, that I actually cut them off myself, since I don't like to go to the Dr. very much. It wasn't that bad, but I wouldn't recommend it for your eyes.

That was probably WAY too much information!!

tearese said...

Tirzah-
lol- yea after Elora I pulled one off under my arm, it stung for a while but was okay. Eyes are different for sure!

Cardine said...

Okay, so was that you being partially hidden by some guy's huge head?

Geez, I had to look for me and then I was like, um, I think that's me with the really loud t-shirt. A great way to be remembered.

Cardine said...

ps I also still have that 12th grade English class picture. *sigh* We sure have come a long way with our writing! (Har har)

tearese said...

yeah, I'm behind someone. I'm wearing a white shirt and overalls I think. Good job!

Whimsy said...

I love the fact that you'd be scared if you were someone you once had a crush on. CLASSIC. I think we were all a wee bit obsessive in our early years. Not that I'd know anything about that, of course.

SKIN TAGS ON EYELIDS? I now have my new recurring nightmare. I hate to have ANYTHING on my eyelids. It drives me crazy.

tearese said...

Disclaimer: No, I'm not a big country fan. But I put a song on my blog called "Another Side of You" Because Joseph said it makes him think of me. At first I was annoyed, and then, well, I realized that was pretty ironic. You can listen to it if you want.

KieraAnne said...

The first part of that song is JUST like you! That's funny...it's nice that he likes that part of you too. ;)

Heidi said...

Aw, thanks for doing it--I loved reading more about you! Great pictures--I love that you did self-portrait picture in different places like that. What a wonderful way to remember places and pastimes.

I've never heard of skin tags before. Sorry to hear Elora pulled one off of you. Yowzers!

You have a SWORD?! Very cool!

Sweet country song, too. I'm a fan of country music, so feel free to include as much as you'd like! :)

tearese said...

oh no... I meant after Elora was born I had some and I pulled them off at that time. sorry for the confusion.

tearese said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
julie said...

I couldn't find you, even when I clicked on it to make it larger. However, I did see a lot of people (not Cardine, unfortunately, or Sarah) that I hung out with in high school. In fact, my eye fell on Missy immediately! That led to others, of course.

I wasn't able to attend my senior class picture, I think. I can't remember why.

julie said...

With your clues (and Cardine's), I ws able to find you. Still didn't find Cardine or Sarah, though. Oh well.

tearese said...

Cardine is in the first standing up row, I think, by her short, blonde, friend. I don't know where Sarah is.

Rick said...

I got tagged the other day too, but I didn't tag eight other people - I didn't know that many bloggers. I loved your art. I like to doodle a bit myself.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Rose said...

Hey Tearese... I looked at the photo... and thought I saw you behind some guy's head... and then when I read the comments, someone else saw you there too! Does that mean I found you? :)

Jed said...

I also still have that picture of our 12th grade English class. Love it.