While I would have liked a better camera some time ago, I have been practical and content with the one I have. But now, it has issues. Like when I was trying to take these pictures of Elora's new dress from Grandma.
The shutter speed has always been super slow (this is the most important feature to me on a new camera) but now it is maddeningly snail-paced at times. The lag time between taking pictures is too long as well.
I'm assuming that most of the problems with it are due to Elora forcing open the lens cover and sticking her finger in the lens repeatedly, but more likely they purposely manufactured the camera to fail so the consumer (me) would have to buy a new version.
While I am happy at the prospect of a new and better camera, I still have to face the fact that we are exceedingly poor students. My first plan was to win one of the contests at Pioneer Woman, where I could get a $500 dollar gift certificate for a new camera if I named one of her photos. But seeing as there are usually about 3000 entries, I figured my chances are slim in that endeavor. Yet the tax season looming before me has given me hope!
Just as I have always loved taking tests, I have learned to love doing my taxes. I know, I'm a psycho. Granted our taxes are pretty simple, as we don't have any assets or anything, but I love knowing that I figured it out myself. Well...sometimes I ask Cardine for a few tips. I also love that so far, we always get a return. Yippee! New camera for me! (and rent for the summer when we don't have student aid...)
And just like every year, I am now impatiently waiting for our W-2's to get here. I hate waiting for my W-2s.
4 comments:
That must be nice. It's a whole different experience when you're self-employed. We haven't got a return back since I married Patrick. When I was in college I think I got back like $200 once. I thought it was awesome. But when I tell other people that story they laugh like I should be getting WAY more. I guess that's why I never got how people could go on vacation with their tax return. Now that Patrick has a real job,in a couple of years (when we've paid off all our back taxes we owe) we may actually get a return...crazy. ;) It will also be cool when we're not paying like $700 to the IRS every month...that will be awesome. Okay that's all.
yeah, thats to bad. I always got a couple hundred in college too; I thought it was pretty cool.
Kiera - people get more back because sometimes that have withheld more than they need to from their checks. The perfect return to me is one where I am as close to zero as possible because I have planned accordingly. If I get back a huge refund, then it's like I put the money in a non-interest-bearing savings account. That's not very smart. Of course, you can't get some credits until you file so it makes sense for some people to get a lot back, but I'm not in the category of credits.
But, yeah, if you're self-employed, it seems like all you do is pay in.
Also, W-2s aren't required to be mailed out until the end of them month, so you could very well be waiting until February before they come.
So I'm not the only one that's getting antzy waiting for my W-2's? That's nice to know!
You'll get a little extra back too, since you had your baby this past year. :)
Post a Comment