Ah, the first 'official' drawing of Joshua J. Does it look like him? I think it does, a little bit. It has his sticky-out ears, and long sloping head. And at least it looks like a baby.Babies are kind of hard to draw, at least for me. You either end up with the stereotypical baby that looks like every baby, or it looks way too old to be an infant.
Maybe its because infant faces just don't have many sharp angles and features to grab onto and explore in a drawing. Joshua has big brown eyes....I think I got the big and brown parts right, but I hate when I do that weird droopy eye thing. Like on his right eye (on your left) pictured here.
It happens because I get excited about making the eyes big and wide open, then forget that the bottom of the eye lid really needs to cover that a little bit. But not too much or he'll be squinty. Its a fine balance. The other eye looks pretty good though, right?
Funny....it almost resembles my brother Thain a little more than it does Joshua....see?
(He's the little guy on the right.) But then, we've already established (over Christmas) that he and Joshua were long-lost twins. Except for the big gouge in Thain's forehead.So I guess that means it does look like Joshua! Good job, me.
Oh. And since you were wondering, yes my hair always has that disheveled look. I think there is a defunct hair gland situated just at my temples, rendering every hair that grows at that point slightly handicapped. Seriously, look at this:
This was my Sterling Scholar picture my senior year in high school. That means this picture, along with those of 12 other people, would be on display in the hallway at the school for a year. I did do my hair, really. I even borrowed someones curling iron in the bathroom before we got them taken. Not that you could tell.And eight years later, I still had the same problem:
Though I'm sure Joseph appreciated the extra head cover in that cold Seattle December! (Kidding, kidding. Don't kill me, honey.) Hehe.
12 comments:
My hair does that too...it's really annoying. Although I've finally figured out how to do my bangs down...as in not swept to the side, without them looking stupid. I'll send you a picture. :)
So... Kiera told me this drawing looks like an Ethiopia baby. SO I looked again...I guess his cheeks could be a little bit chubbier. And the view is looking down on him, but I didn't make his shoulders high enough to make it evident.
So. Thanks alot Kiera, now I hate the picture.
I love your wedding picture!!! you look so pretty. yea, it's interesting how sometimes your kids can look like your siblings. none of my kids have yet but my sister's kids have looked like someone from my family at one point.
I think the picture is cute and never once thought he looked Ethiopian! :)
Bangs are tough--I always had a love-hate relationship with mine, so I finally grew them out. Come to think of it, just hair in general is tough...
I didn't say Ethiopia baby...I just said that without his chubby cheeks he/babies look like starving refuge children. ;) Totally different thing.
I knew what you meant, Kiera. And even without bangs, my hair sticks out there and never really grows out.
So does mine...the bangs was a separate thing I was talking about.
tearese,
sorry about the comment i made about cedar. i guess i should of worded it better. i took it down. sorry again
I'm glad you found our blog and posted - it's good to find out how people are doing that have left BP. Oh, and I think your picture is great. I've dabbled in drawing/sketching, and I think portraits are particularly challenging... so nice work!
You look fabulous in your wedding pictures! Your hair looks great! No wonder Joseph is smiling, he has a hot babe at his side! :)
ahhh Sister Gould!!! how are you? i found you on maggie salmond's blog and i hope you don't mind me looking at yours but it's FABOULOUS!!! wow i love it! and i love you!!:D how's it going since you've all moved? looks like joshua's comming along Great!! and super cute! well i'll talk to you later!
love julianne fullmer
Hey Julianne, thanks for visiting! (I saw your blog too, but it didn't look like you'd been there for a while,so I didn't comment.) Isn't it weird that everyone in the world (it seems like) has a blog these days?
Talk to you later.
Post a Comment