In the meantime, I'm trying to play more with Elora during the day so that she's not so grumpy.
But then I don't get as much done. In Everett, we had dial-up, so it was much harder to get on the computer. And since Joseph didn't get home till midnight every night, I used the evening hours to do computer stuff. But that doesn't work here. And its so easy to get on the internet now, its hard to resist!
Speaking of Elora, we finally broke down and bought her a snow suit about a week ago. I felt bad when we saw other kids outside playing on the giant snow piles that the snow plow leaves while she watched longingly out the window. Unfortunately, everything in Joshua's size was sold out, so we still can only go out when its warm enough for me to carry him around in just his jacket.
She loves her suit though, and asks to wear it all the time. I gave her the option of pink or purple, and she insisted on pink..she must have her grandmother's genes. (Or she takes after her old babysitter.) The funny thing is, I think she hates walking in the snow! Its a little scary for her when her foot gets stuck. Poor kid. She must prefer the rain of the Northwest.
Oh yes, the icicle of doom. We have this gigantor icicle out our living room window. It has fluctuated in size depending on the temperature, but the other day it was about twice as long as me, and the top was bigger around than my head! I'd hate to be standing under that one when it falls. It would do more than put your eye out!
This picture doesn't do it justice at all. But I don't mind the snow and ice. Its better than living somewhere where its 115 degrees in the summer!
13 comments:
that's huge!!! i hope it doesn't fall on someone!
Wow, that is an incredibly huge icicle.
You were asking about Disneyland...I'm not sure if the mansion there is based specifically on the LaLaurie mansion, (I'd be surprised if Disney were capitalizing on that, given how horrific the things that happened there were) but I wouldn't be surprised if its based on the fact that there are dozens of "haunted" sites in the French Quarter and Garden District of New Orleans. It really took me by surprise that there are so many paranormal stories in such a small geographic area. But then, I'm used to the West that is historically very young. So I don't know, but it all intrigues me.
Blessings.
maybe the "haunted" thing is just from the culture there, you know, the background in 'Voo-doo' magic and all aound the Bayou.
We've had some scary icicles as well. I was glad when most of the big ones fell with the warmer weather we've had.
Are you making fun of Texas? ;) I like Elora's snowsuit...and her sunglasses, she looks like a snow bunny about to hit the slopes. Patrick and others I've spoken with claim that the whole state of Louissiana, especially the bayou areas, are very 'dark' like spiritually speaking...like the devil and his minions have a stronger hold there then in other places. I was only there the once, so I don't know, but I've heard this from several different people that have lived there both in and out of the church. I saw that house though when we went on the ghost tour there. It was cool-looking, but you know like creepy 'cuz of the stories the guide was telling us. :)
Use a rubber band or something to take that thing down! It's seriously an icicle of doom. Scary! The snow looks fun. We don't really have any.
Elora looks adorable in her snowsuit. I wonder if I am the one that got her to like pink. I did wear my pink sweatpants almost every day I babysat. :) It must be fun to have something different than rain all of the time.
I think this is an interesting post. I like it when you talk about your day-to-day life and your kids!
thanks Sarah! Cardine- The Icecicle actually fell down the afternoon after I wrote this. It was there one minute, and the next it was gone. Probably a good thing.
Alycia- I'm glad if she picked up anything from you; sometimes I feel bad for her that she doesn't have someone like you to play with here. I'm not nearly as fun!
Wow! Elora has grown so much! She is just adorable!! And LOVE the pink snowsuit!
hi Cami! Thanks for stopping by!
Definitely a scary thing - hope it doesn't cause any problems for you guys.
Love the pink snowsuit against the snow - Elora looks so cute!
Fun pictures! I'm glad you're having fun in the snow. :) (And make sure you wear a hard hat any time you get near that icicle-on-steroids!!)
Post a Comment