1-23-06 (two months old)Elora pooped everywhere on our bed! While we were cleaning her up, she peed all over her clothes. So we gave her a bath...then she threw up all over her naked self. Poor baby!
2-14-07 (written by Joseph)
I was drinking my soda when we went out to lunch today, Elora pressed her cheek next to mine and grabbed the glass to try and get a drink too! I felt so bad when she started crying.
7-12-06 (nine months old)
Yesterday Elora and I were watching "My Best Friends Wedding" while we ate dinner. When they were singing the song at the Crab Restaurant, Elora started laughing and looking at the tv. When all the people started clapping along, she started banging her spoon on her tray too. She loved it!
Elora finally learned to clap by herself, not just me helping her do patty-cake. We were watching "America's Got Talent" and a family was doing step dancing while playing the violin. Elora was bouncing and laughing throughout the performance. When the audience clapped at the end, she started waving her hand in front of her. I clapped and said, "Yay!" Then she suddenly brought her other arm out and started clapping! The next day there was a re-cap of the show on, and she clapped vigorously for the same family again.
9-21-06 (eleven months)
We went to look at Halloween costumes, and we saw a full size Elmo costume in the toddler section. When Joseph showed it to Elora, she squealed and immediately began talking to it in a high-pitched voice. I didn't even know she'd seen Elmo before, but apparently Joseph watched it with her on the mornings I worked. When she was allowed to touch the costume, she grabbed it and hugged it close.
Elora is learning to say lots of new things lately. She can say, "shoes, socks, toes, ear, eye, nose, hair, poop, eww, no, yes, mom, dad, get up" and the animal sounds she knows are, "ruff, meow, oo-oo (monkey), bit-bit (frog) and occasionally others.
3-14-07 (about 17 months )
In the mornings, Elora tries to help mommy get up (when she's in my room). She'll give me my glasses and my watch, then she picks up my robe and says, "Thank you!" The other day I left my bra out and she picked it up. She said, "heart?" and pointed to her chest, then she pulled it over her head and tried it on.
Elora has the funniest sense of humor. The last few nights she's asked me to sing a song but I don't understand what she's saying. It sounds like "Back on." I jokingly asked her, "bacon?" She laughed at that, but showed she got the joke by taking it further, saying to me, "Chicken?" When I laughed she continued, "Chips? Ice cream? Chocolate?"
......When Elora first met Grandpa, she thought he was kind of scary. So when I told her he was coming to visit again, she said, "Grandpa? RRAAAR!" Then she continued, "Fe, fi, fum!" She was delighted when we laughed at that. After that, everytime we'd mention grandpa she'd tell the same joke.
We were "playing" Connect Four today, and I told Elora "I think I'm winning!" She said, "No, you're mommy!"
Last week Elora came into the room with no shirt on and her doll pressed against her chest. "Look," she said, "my baby is eating on my tummy!" Presently she said to her baby, "You done now? You wanna try the other side?" Then she swung the baby around, taking care to postition it just right.
1-30-08 (27 months)
The other day I heard Elora calling, "mommy, mommy!" from the back room. I thought she'd locked herself in, so I went to open the door. She held up her hand to me and said, "I have boogers on my fingers, I need a kleenex." I got her one and asked if she had been locked in. She answered, "No, my was just laying on the floor picking my nose."
As if I didn't have enough to be embarassed about!
I can only imagine Joshua's book will be just as interesting. (At least to his mother.)
10 comments:
just so you know, the photos don't actually correspond with the age of the entries. Most of them are several months younger than what was written there.
Those were great... ah... they made me smile and chuckle.
It's so great that you kept track of these little things. I haven't been as good at it as I would like, but I try to write the especially fun things!
That's funny. I should do/have done that with Isabelle. Oh well.
So cute and funny!! What a doll!
And I've been meaning to ask--did Joshua recover and start nursing again? I hope you're all well now!
heidi- yes, joshua is doing great! ( I mentioned it in the comments once, but I don't know if everyone saw it.) He started nursing again after about a week. The milk was still pretty low, so someone suggested I take some Fenugreek, an Indian herb used in Curry which can be found as a supplement in health food stores. I think it helps (But it could just be a placebo effect?) And we're doing great!
Too bad he wakes up way more at night though, but after his sickness, I'm not going to complain. Much.
These were great! I love that you recorded her actual dialogue. I mean, in the future she will actually be able to read what she said when she was younger! This is so valuable. I need to write in my journal more often...
This was such fun to read. That first entry, where you said, "poor baby." I thought it really should read, "Poor parents." Aren't babies fun? And a lot of work, but worth it.
Tearese, those were so cute! I miss Elora a lot, it's funny because I could see her doing some of those things. :) I found your blog on Heidi's, it's fun to hear how you're doing!
Oh, I'm glad to hear Joshua's doing well! Sorry--I couldn't remember which post of yours I'd asked that on, and went searching and finally found it and your answer. :)
I'll have to remember that herb trick if I ever need it!
Post a Comment