Monday, April 21, 2008

Playing with Photos

what do you think?



How about these variations, from Picnic Point Beach 2007:


Elora loves grandma. I put this one on a magnet to give my mom for mothers day.

What about these? They're from Meadowdale Beach 2006:






This Photoshop stuff ain't so bad! Maybe I'll do some more later.

9 comments:

Kara said...

I love that first one in the sepia! In the original, it looked a little washed out, but it looks really nice in sepia. I also like the one with Elora and Grandma in sepia. For the last one, I like the blue. The colors match so well! Did you do that, or is that the original?

KieraAnne said...

Man I wish I remembered how to do all that cool stuff. *sniff* I like the last one of mom and Elora best. The other two you posted were cool too. :)

Mellissa said...

I think they both look great in Sepia.

Were you the one taking the pictures? It seems like it's possible, since the pictures are very artistic. Then again, if my kids spy the camera, they all start saying, "cheese" and try to see who can get closest to the lense!

tearese said...

kara-thanks...I like the original a lot too, I think the colors look nice and soft, but the sepia is fun. In the last one, the colors have been boosted a little bit, but those are the colors they were wearing.
kiera-thanks..I remember how to do that stuff in general, but on Pioneer Woman she posted some free 'actions'you can download, which puts everything into one step. I used some of those, then modified them a little to my liking.
missy- yeah, I took the pictures, they're some of my favorites.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

That first photo is simply beautiful. I wish I had EVER taken a photo that beautiful. You should be proud.

Chelle said...

Your photography & photoshop skills are impressive; you must be enjoying that new camera. The pictures look professional - very nice work!

Kara said...

Oh, Tearese! I hope it didn't sound like I didn't like the original of Elora. It was actually one of my favorites in that post. I just like the sepia version better. :S

tearese said...

lynne and chelle- thank you, you're too kind. yeah, I'm enjoying my camera, though only tyhe first of these were taken with it.
kara- oh don't worry about it!

Rose said...

Very nice! I love the vibrancy of the colors in the color photos!