Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hallelujah

July 10th. A day like any other. Except...Joshua started walking.

We were able to capture video of this phenomenon moments after it first manifested. The motivation for this burst of gross motor skills? A mini kit-kat bar held by daddy.

Of course, since this day, Joshua has decided walking isn't really for him, but we hope he reconsiders his position. Please excuse his naked legs.







And if you didn't get enough, here's a second video without Elora's interference. Don't worry, its short.




FYI- before we took these videos, I asked Joseph to please pick up Joshua's toys so they weren't all over in the background of the film. His solution was to pile everything in one spot- directly where I was filming. Good job.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! How fun! Chocolate to the rescue!

BTW, I really like the new look of your blog!

Kara said...

Yay!! Milestones are so much fun!
My kid's toys are always where they aren't supposed to be.

kanaboke said...

that second video was hilarious!!! it's so exciting when each of our children hits certain milestones..I love that my mom checks my Bspot out so that she can share in our excitement..do your parents check our your Blog?

tearese said...

tirzah- thanks, I was excited to finally find a background that 'fit'!
kara- I hear you about the toys! Though I try to keep it under control.
kanaboke- the only family member who reads my blog regularly is my sister. One brother will look at it when I tell him to, but my parents don't have a computer at home and blogs are blocked on the computers at my mom's work. My dad gets on the internet at the library...but I would REALLY feel weird if he read this.

KieraAnne said...

Wow! What a big boy! He will be able play with the big kids at Family Camp. :)

Mellissa said...

Congratulations to your boy and his newfound ability to get into more trouble. Sorry, that's my negativity getting the better of me!

My kids did the same thing - once they learned to walked they reverted back to crawling because they were still faster at that. One day he'll figure out he can go faster on two legs than four.

~ej said...

how wonderful!! and my kids toys are all over too :)

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I loved the fact that you wanted to clean up the toys before taking the video. Very funny but oh such a woman-trait. I've done that all my life when taking pictures.