So, I had an alternate, much more provocative title for this post....but I knew I'd get way too many weirdos googling it, and it might offend someone. Use your imaginations.
As you might have guessed, this is about all the fun things Joshua is learning to say. There are many phrases he can say perfectly well, like, "I did it!", "It doesn't work", "daddy's at work", "its raining" (even though its really snow) and "Tired, bed!"
Some of his favorite words, as it is with most toddlers, have to do with food. He is always shouting "cookie!" "cracker!" "candy!" "dia!" (which means quesadilla) "milk!" etc. And being a boy, he loves all his 'boy' words too: "yuck, poop, bum, potty, ewww, truck, car, plane, .." Okay, Elora likes those words too.
Being a sweet boy, he also likes to talk about the softer things in life, like "baby, honey (an alternate name for Elora's babies), and Annie.
There are a few letters that he has a hard time with of course. The most obvious is- you guessed it- the letter F. When one remembers that he can't say this letter, then he's completely understandable, but otherwise you might be confused at what he's saying. For instance, when he references his foot, he says, "Whoot". Face is "Wace", and for the fan in his room, he has the alternate name of "the wind," which is much easier to say. Fork is "work", and frog of course is "Wog", or the easier "Riddit" (ribbit.)
(Elora used to say "bit-bit"...but that was long before she was Joshua's age...she doesn't have problems with any letters, so this is a new experience for us!)
Oh yeah. He also likes to say "snake" and chase everyone with a toy snake (or a plastic bug, or anything else that's on hand.) Its so funny to watch, because he screws his face up trying to make it scary, and he always squints one eye like a pirate. Last night, he was pretending his pizza was a snake. Of course when I got the camera out, he stopped making his funny face, and wouldn't be silly anymore.. Then he did what he always does with the camera: he said, "cheese!"
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
What an absolutely adorable little ham!
I love the funny substitutions for letters kids have. Riley is entirely understandable with the exception of a few blending sounds. He can't say the "sp" and "sm" sounds. Instead it's "Fiderman" (Spiderman), "foon" (spoon), and "file" (smile). But it's really funny because he also says phrases and words like "obviously," "the reason why is..." and he attempts the word "electricity" but it usually comes out as "electricery."
darling video - tho, I don't know who's more amusing: Josh or YOU! one thing that's clear: your precious boy LOVES you!!
What a cutie! I love it when you post pictures and videos of your kids since I don't get to see them (or you!) in person very often. I love Joshua's "Cheese!" - totally darling!
missy- those are funny. I'm sure as they grow out if it, we'll miss all those silly speech things they do!
skeller- yeah, yeah. I always forget people are going to hear me too. Josh probably wouldn't do his thing because he was wondering why I was talking so funny!
julie- thanks, I'm glad you watched it...I'm always afraid people don't want to see stuff like that.
I remember being in the Subway parking lot and my daughter yelling out, "Mommy! F***!" as she pointed to a truck going by. Oy vey.
Oh man, what a cute smile!
Jen- thats hilarious...luckily, we've not had that particular speech problem..yet.
Heidi-thanks!
Post a Comment